Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering is it ok to remove the sec flies with a TRE installed or is it best to leave them in... any feedback anybody can share will be appreciated.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Still have a little restriction of flow with them in and the servo motor has to still open them up. The TRE just tricks the computer into thinking the bike is in 6th gear or 5th one cant remember. There is a soft and hard setting on the one I have (GI pro ATRE). I keep mine on the soft setting which has seemed to help with it being so jumpy when exiting a corner while rolling on the gas. I dont think you will get a noticeable change in performance with them out as opposed to being in with a TRE. I already had mine out when I installed the TRE.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
TRE the Ivans one or home made tricks the ECU (Edit) thinks that it's stuck in Neutral gear so faster on off sub-throttle I believe....if your running a PCIII I would just remove the TRE unless your going to map with that alone.

bloo

·
Registered
117 Posts
tre?

A 1st gen zx10 needs a custom map to run a TRE properly. The secondary butterflies can be removed in 20 minutes as long as you don't strip the screws out!! The TRE has nothing to do with the secondary flies or there operation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Info from ivans performance web page

2004 & 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R (requires special mapping)
(use TRE-006 - $60.00)

TRE-008 - $70.00
2006 - 2010 ZX-14
Increases power below 6000 rpm!
Does not disable speed limiter
Gets rid of part throttle timing retarder in lower gears.
Allows 6th gear (fastest rate in stock ECU) throttle plate opening rate.

TRE-006A - $60.00
2006 & up ZX-14
Requires sub-throttle plate removal & special mapping.
Gets rid of fuel shut-off on decell -
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.
Our maps are only available with a minimum purchase of $200.00 or more.

TRE-009 - $60.00
2006 - 2010 ZX10R
Disables KIMS on 2008 - 2010 models
Increases part throttle response
This will allow smooth on/off throttle transitions and will get rid of the annoying pop when the throttle is reapplied.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Info from ivans performance web page

2004 & 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R (requires special mapping)
(use TRE-006 - $60.00)

TRE-008 - $70.00
2006 - 2010 ZX-14
Increases power below 6000 rpm!
Does not disable speed limiter
Allows 6th gear (fastest rate in stock ECU) throttle plate opening rate.

TRE-006A - $60.00
2006 & up ZX-14
Requires sub-throttle plate removal & special mapping.

TRE-009 - $60.00
2006 - 2010 ZX10R
Disables KIMS on 2008 - 2010 models
Increases part throttle response
This thread is about a 2004-2005 ZX10R your cut and Paste from Ivan's you see give NO INFORMATION only part # to order....no worry I already did the investigation among others on this site. Ivans is Neutral GEAR for ECU ONLY, he recommends messing with the sub-throttle sensor and MAP. Many have reported if done properly the on-off throttle abruptness is improved but most of them had Ivan's MAP. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had them removed with a TRE on my 06.
hey cody was this with a pc or without.

Still have a little restriction of flow with them in and the servo motor has to still open them up. The TRE just tricks the computer into thinking the bike is in 6th gear or 5th one cant remember. There is a soft and hard setting on the one I have (GI pro ATRE). I keep mine on the soft setting which has seemed to help with it being so jumpy when exiting a corner while rolling on the gas. I dont think you will get a noticeable change in performance with them out as opposed to being in with a TRE. I already had mine out when I installed the TRE.
i have them out now but just wondering if i should put them back in and if it would help with the low/mid range power. i thought the TRE on the gen1 tricks the ecu to thinking it was in neautral where it advance the timing some and has lil more aggressive map.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TRE the Ivans one or home made tricks the ECU (Edit) thinks that it's stuck in Neutral gear so faster on off sub-throttle I believe....if your running a PCIII I would just remove the TRE unless your going to map with that alone.

bloo
thats exactly wat i was thinking it did bloo... i have the TRE installed but havent remap for it. think its worth having the bike remap ?

A 1st gen zx10 needs a custom map to run a TRE properly. The secondary butterflies can be removed in 20 minutes as long as you don't strip the screws out!! The TRE has nothing to do with the secondary flies or there operation.
i read on some kawi's when you install the TRE it messes with the sec flies *i think it was on the zx14's* but may be wrong. bike runs good with the flies out and TRE fitted now.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
thats exactly wat i was thinking it did bloo... i have the TRE installed but havent remap for it. think its worth having the bike remap ?

i read on some kawi's when you install the TRE it messes with the sec flies *i think it was on the zx14's* but may be wrong. bike runs good with the flies out and TRE fitted now.
2 thoughts here going back to basics, I am not an expert on what the ECU maps guys like Ivan have learned for their application what works for them or to sell. What I do know is each GEAR has an ECU mapping controls many things sub-throttle one of them or not in this case if you remove them.:wink: then when you Piggy back with a PCIII you add to that...see? :badteeth:

As far as remap It's hard to say your one if not the fastest guys drag racing on this site and active on this site SWB to date and still fast stretched a little. :thumbsup:

:dontknow:I actually kept mine in (Secondaries) did some home made mapping but will be experiementing removing them now that I have a Data Logger and A/F gauge...plus the 1/4 mile times should help too in the future if I really mess something up(edit like my past times). :badteeth::lol:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 thoughts here going back to basics, I am not an expert on what the ECU maps guys like Ivan have learned for their application what works for them or to sell. What I do know is each GEAR has an ECU mapping controls many things sub-throttle one of them or not in this case if you remove them.:wink: then when you Piggy back with a PCIII you add to that...see? :badteeth:

As far as remap It's hard to say your one if not the fastest guys drag racing on this site and active on this site SWB to date and still fast stretched a little. :thumbsup:

:dontknow:I actually kept mine in (Secondaries) did some home made mapping but will be experiementing removing them now that I have a Data Logger and A/F gauge...plus the 1/4 mile times should help too in the future if I really mess something up(edit like my past times). :badteeth::lol:
yea dats wat i heard that the ecu has different mapping per gear and its lil advanced in neautral but i think ima leave the sec flies out but heard if i put them back in it could healp in the low/mid range which they was intended for and thx for the compliment bloo its been a long road with alot of TNT but its startin to pay off :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yea dats wat i heard that the ecu has different mapping per gear and its lil advanced in neautral but i think ima leave the sec flies out but heard if i put them back in it could healp in the low/mid range which they was intended for and thx for the compliment bloo its been a long road with alot of TNT but its startin to pay off :eek:ccasion1
No need to thank me well deserved my friend I actually have alot of respect for guys like you that go very fast SWB, I know it's not easy and you were tearing it up against any bike/Size/year or model even with many mods by others compared to yours and you still had the 1st Gen screaming and in front most times......very Impressive!!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No need to thank me well deserved my friend I actually have alot of respect for guys like you that go very fast SWB, I know it's not easy and you were tearing it up against any bike/Size/year or model even with many mods by others compared to yours and you still had the 1st Gen screaming and in front most times......very Impressive!!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

bloo
hey bloo gota rep for the gen1's and for us biger guys :wink: its def not easy riding a swb bike compared to a bike being stretch but its much funer imo and it gives your clutch hand a workout :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hey bloo gota rep for the gen1's and for us biger guys :wink: its def not easy riding a swb bike compared to a bike being stretch but its much funer imo and it gives your clutch hand a workout :lol:
ah snap I forgot your not that light either even more impressive!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

yeah...need to respond to the Den's thread asking for help to start dragging... I believe get as good as you can first SWB on a 1st Gen ZX10R:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah snap I forgot your not that light either even more impressive!!!!! :eek:ccasion1

yeah...need to respond to the Den's thread asking for help to start dragging... I believe get as good as you can first SWB on a 1st Gen ZX10R:thumbsup:
yea... who said that big guys can't go fast :lol: i think i posted in his thread but i agree you wanna get the most out of it swb before you start stretchin the wb that way your skills is honed and you have something to go by.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yea... who said that big guys can't go fast :lol: i think i posted in his thread but i agree you wanna get the most out of it swb before you start stretchin the wb that way your skills is honed and you have something to go by.
I agree too not to say you cant learn the other way just brings more experiance...remember my old 10.3s SWB run stock? :lol::helmet:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree too not to say you cant learn the other way just brings more experiance...remember my old 10.3s SWB run stock? :lol::helmet:

def more experiance... i seen that run you launch pretty good and you held them rpms while slipin that clutch :thumbsup: man looking at that video makes me wanna go back swb so bad.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
def more experiance... i seen that run you launch pretty good and you held them rpms while slipin that clutch :thumbsup: man looking at that video makes me wanna go back swb so bad.
ME TOO THE GOOD OLD DAYS. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts