Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it advisable to put in a TRE with no PowerCommander? I really want to try a TRE but don't have the money for a PC yet. But I don't want a horrible ride etc.

All I have are slip ons at this point, so it would be a stock 07 with slips and a TRE.... doable? :heyyou:

Gracias

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All done, very big improvement! Just got back from my first ride with it on. Took about an hour to install, the clip to get to the wires was a pain in the ass to open but otherwise a snap. Nice to have more predictable power curve.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
tre didnt change mine based on dyna jet software and dyno..But i swear it pulls harder from 1st to 4th on the #1 setting..I got an atre with gear indicator at the moment and a ivans in my tool box..Might try that one soon..unless i sell it..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Sorry,i kinda got off the point a bit..To answer yer question"YES" you can use a tre with out a pc3....A tre will not change yer f/a ratio..Remember,most tre mods are on at all times and some will give you the knockin sound thats same as low grade fuel or timeing knock,but thats all below 4g..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After installing it feels like it pulls much harder in midrange. That much can't be my imagination, I am very impressed with the difference. There were a ton of cops out in my area today so I didn't get a chance to get into the upper bands much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts