Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a TRE and a PCIII and my bike is sick! I doubled checked the hook-up to ensure everything was installed properly and everthing checked out. The idle is completely gone and is running rich- it smokes like a diesel and starts to bust out at 6000 RPM. My PCIII was sent with a custom amp from Ivan; however, noticed that in his notes that he refernces a phone call to him to set some points in the map......OK, maybe I missed something?? I thought the PCIII was supposed to be pre-maped and all I needed to do was plug it in..... Also, I noticed that when I started the bike that there were no lights ligthing up on the PCIII, just only when I hooked up the 9V battery to it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You need to call Ivan

·
Registered
384 Posts
John 3:16 said:
Just installed a TRE and a PCIII and my bike is sick! I doubled checked the hook-up to ensure everything was installed properly and everthing checked out. The idle is completely gone and is running rich- it smokes like a diesel and starts to bust out at 6000 RPM. My PCIII was sent with a custom amp from Ivan; however, noticed that in his notes that he refernces a phone call to him to set some points in the map......OK, maybe I missed something?? I thought the PCIII was supposed to be pre-maped and all I needed to do was plug it in..... Also, I noticed that when I started the bike that there were no lights ligthing up on the PCIII, just only when I hooked up the 9V battery to it.
sounds like you are pretty green on this type of install (the PCIII) and you might not have gotten it right, I can tell you know that you need to set the throttle opening and closing points (that is is what Ivan wants to walk you through) although that is not your issue, I think you may have gotten some wires wrong, I also think your PCIII is not even powering up for whatever reason. Ivan does provide great phone support, call him.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't screw up the PCIII install, double check the TRE. Connect your laptop to the PCIII and make sure your idle settings are 0 and throttle is at o with the bike at idle.

·
Registered
828 Posts
if you didn't have the map built installed on your bike i wouldn't trust it, from experience i bought a pc3 with a custom map already installed that was close to what mods i had, put it on and it seemed to run fine, took it to the dyno just to check my air/fuel mix, come to find out it was dumping 30% more fuel than what was needed and my a/f mix looked like a roller coaster, had a new map built and it flatlined my a/f ratio, picked up 7 hp, as well as an additional 40 gallons per tank, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going back through the install once again and will give Ivan a shout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts