Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the concept of these things but do they work,and are they worth the install .All I have is a slip on and k-n,bike is bad ass,but if I can get it snappier at low rpms in the lower gears ,I want it.So help me guys,let's hear it yeah or nah?Thanks Roger

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would reccomend it.

Though I installed his TRE the same time I did the One tooth down sprocket up front, so it is hard for me to say exactly how goof it would be on it's own.

Ivan has a good reputation and I put some faith in that as well as other's opinions...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
:+1:

Had a bunch of mods done at the same time: PC III + TRE + custom map, -1 +1, Akra full system and so on ...but feels like a different bike :idea:

·
Registered
203 Posts
all i got is the K&N and the TRE so far and gotta tell you i love it. it makes a big diference in responce and takes away that lag from 5,000 to the 6rmp, u'll love it

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
zx10Roger said:
I get the concept of these things but do they work,and are they worth the install .All I have is a slip on and k-n,bike is bad ass,but if I can get it snappier at low rpms in the lower gears ,I want it.So help me guys,let's hear it yeah or nah?Thanks Roger
Since you're in SoCal, you should talk to Dan, at Dano's performance, sells his own TRE, does outstanding work.

http://www.danosperformance.com/

·
Registered
567 Posts
sounds to me it takes some of the bite out of the bike and makes the power more controlable in the lower gears, ie abrupt throttle response. if you want the bike snappier go with a gearing change. i debated the TRE and decided against it since i like the way the bike charges ahead without it. the throttle response is there and i dont have a problem with the abruptness. teaches throttle control and to not have a ham of a right fist. with what you have you would need to get a power commander with the TRE to take full advantage of it. should anyways with the more air your getting to ur bike if you run in the upper rpms for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
weird, I have been researching the TRE and no one who actually has or had it feels that it robs power.

I guess I will find out on Monday when I install mine

·
Registered
567 Posts
it doesnt rob power just calms it down low and makes it easier on the throttle application.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It gives it alittle more down low to mid. It doesn't rob throttle response, just smooths off to on throttle transition. It helped me in going from hard braking to cracking the throttle in tight corners. You'll still need to learn throttle control, esp. if you have an 04/05, they are alittle more light switch like on the power.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
tre will do exactly the opposite of what you want....No snappiness ! I bought one, thought about it some more, then sold it for what I paid. If you want more snap....go w/ the 1/5 conv. from rifleman.

·
Registered
567 Posts
no it does not remove restriction. ecu holds that power. you can raise the revlimit with an ignition control power commander.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow, this has been discused many times. All it does is trick the bike into thinking its in 6th gear in the lower gears. So you get full throttle response from 3000 rpms and up. It eliminates the lag. I know with the TRE I can throttle it at 4000 rms in first and bring the front end straight up. I highly reccomend it. Thanks Ivan for the great product!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
colinmitchell111 said:
Wow, this has been discused many times. All it does is trick the bike into thinking its in 6th gear in the lower gears. So you get full throttle response from 3000 rpms and up. It eliminates the lag. I know with the TRE I can throttle it at 4000 rms in first and bring the front end straight up. I highly reccomend it. Thanks Ivan for the great product!:thumbsup:
:+1:

yes to all he said.

I do think it matters what year bike you have, the 06 with the TRE is a different animal from the 04-05.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts