Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 212 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
BIKEMIKE said:
I'm not sure anything needed clearing up. I just posted cause Johnnyboy said his instructions said to take a reading, mine did not.

Mike
Yeah, I was just trying to get the point across that it's not necessary to take a reading because we don't have the special tools that the cazillion dollar company Kawi has to adjust the sensor so what's the point in taking the reading. :dontknow:

·
Registered
516 Posts
bluedevil said:
Yeah, I was just trying to get the point across that it's not necessary to take a reading because we don't have the special tools that the cazillion dollar company Kawi has to adjust the sensor so what's the point in taking the reading. :dontknow:
Ya, I know. You can just move it back to where the paint stripe is connected but if you do have those $$$ tools I guess you can get exact with the stock numbers.

Thanks,
Mike

PS, I just wonder where Johnnyboy moved the sensor to???

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I hoped he moved it all the way foward and din't worry about resistance readings :headshake

·
Registered
129 Posts
Y prepar some photos for french , in france TRE is not use :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bikemike> I was working on someone elses bike, so I followed the instruction to the letter. I took all three measurements, pins 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 1 and 3. The first measurement aligned the following two measurements. I might take short cuts on my bike if I had done the procedure previously, but a customer's bike is not time to try and save a minute. A digital multimeter is all that was needed to measure the resistance. I needed it when I was in the Air Force to do my job so I bought my own tools.

Johnnyboy

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I turned mine all the way counter-clockwise.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Johnnyboy said:
Bikemike> I was working on someone elses bike, so I followed the instruction to the letter. I took all three measurements, pins 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 1 and 3. The first measurement aligned the following two measurements. I might take short cuts on my bike if I had done the procedure previously, but a customer's bike is not time to try and save a minute. A digital multimeter is all that was needed to measure the resistance. I needed it when I was in the Air Force to do my job so I bought my own tools.

Johnnyboy
I would just like to know that value you set it to??

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am so sorry guy for dicking this one up. I had just completed a jet kit by Ivans before I had done the TRE install and adjustment and what I thought I remembered is not exactly what typed. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused you. I'll shut up and colour now.

Johnnyboy

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
If you are going to do a TRE w/o a pc, make no changes aside from installing the TRE. Ivan said the bike will pick up too much fuel if you make the sensor adjustment w/o his map.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
dat be what i'm a gonna do, install a TRE & no PC.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Be prepared to have a bit of sluggish off throttle responce (compared to the b4 TRE)

61 - 80 of 212 Posts