Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've got a TRE and am looking for fitting instructions - the ones with it are basic, but I seem to remember seeing some additional instructions that included changing (zeroing) a fuel setting or similar?

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I can't find any reference to these additional instructions on here or on Ivan's site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these additional updates? Or have I just dreampt this or been too drunk to remember properly?

Thanks
Tim
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
Rattler said:
Hi
I've got a TRE and am looking for fitting instructions - the ones with it are basic, but I seem to remember seeing some additional instructions that included changing (zeroing) a fuel setting or similar?

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I can't find any reference to these additional instructions on here or on Ivan's site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these additional updates? Or have I just dreampt this or been too drunk to remember properly?

Thanks
Tim

I sounds like you are talking about adjusting the sub-throttle sensor, correct me if im wrong. To adjust that sensor you will need a security torx bit(get the small 1/4" socket type), believe it was a t25(secrity bit -the bit with the hole in the middle). All you have to do is "loosen" the 2 screws that hold the sub-throttle body and tilt all the way foward as far as it goes toward the front of the bike. Hope this helps.
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
MAVRIK said:
how about just email or calling Ivan...go right to the source then there is no question
:+1: Ivan is very helpful and if he's not available he'll call you back. Takes the time to answer all your questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys - I'm in the UK, so will need to check the timezones before I call.
It is the throttle sensor that I meant - I'll email Ivan
Thanks
Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
I think you are talking about the sensor.
What other boards have I seen you on Rattler? Was it RC51 or ducati boards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,042 Posts
There is another zx-10 board that Ivan is on a little more than ours, when I get home I can post a link if you want it. I have been thinking about this mod for awhile and I think I'm about sold on it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't remember where I saw it, I did think it was here!!! But I've done a full search and its showed up nothing.

I do seem to remember it being in official instructions, so I've pm'd Ivan and am awaiting a response.

I thought that it was in response to some issues that some had experienced when fitting the mod and that someone (Ivan I thought??) had provided updated fitting instructions to ensure that the TRE worked effectively.

Could have been just me drunk again though!!!

Thanks for your help guys.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,028 Posts
Rattler said:
I can't remember where I saw it, I did think it was here!!! But I've done a full search and its showed up nothing.

I do seem to remember it being in official instructions, so I've pm'd Ivan and am awaiting a response.

I thought that it was in response to some issues that some had experienced when fitting the mod and that someone (Ivan I thought??) had provided updated fitting instructions to ensure that the TRE worked effectively.

Could have been just me drunk again though!!!

Thanks for your help guys.

Tim

Here you go Rattler......

You will need a T25 Security Torx bit (one with indention in head) to complete step 5. The best way to accomplish is to use a 1/4 inch wrench on the bit to loosen the 2 screw. You do not need to remove the screws completely, but just loosen. Once the the 2 screws are loose, the entire assembly slides forward like it's on a pivot point.

The directions were a little unclear for me, but it makes sense once you loosen the screws.

Ivan's(www.ivansperformanceproducts.com)
TIMING RETARD ELIMINATOR*- Part # TRE-006 (2004 ZX-10R) *(patent pending)


Please read and understand all of these instructions before installing this product !!
(you may waste your time as well as our’s by not reading them)

1) Remove fuel tank & airbox

2) Locate GPS connector at bottom of fuel rail on left (green 4 wire connector) and release from fuel
rail. (you will need to depress the release tang)

3) Separate connector and remove the 2 wires (green w/red stripe and black) from the female end of
the connector (the end with the male pins)
You will need a sharp pointed implement to depress the latches that hold the pins into the
connector.

4) Install the pins that were removed from the stock connector into the supplied connector.
a) When installed correctly, you will hear a click when they seat.
b) Pay attention to their orientation as they will only fit when in the proper position.
(if you force them they will get damaged)
c) It does not matter which side of our connector the green/red or black wires are installed on.

5) While airbox is off, locate the sub-throttle sensor….
(controls secondary throttle plates, located just to the right of throttle cables, 3 wire sensor)
Loosen security torx screws (you will need a T25 bit with hole in center) and rotate sensor fully counter-clockwise (towards front of motorcycle)
Re-tighten screws.
If sensor adjustment is not done, bike will have softer Full Throttle response between 3000 and 5000 rpm
Stock sensor readings just for reference:
(readings need to be taken from sensor terminals - not wires- with sensor unplugged!!)
Blue/White – Brown/Black 1.09K ohm
Blue/White – Blue 4.16K ohm
Brown/Black – Blue 5.13K


DO NOT CONNECT TO ANY OTHER CONNECTOR ON MOTORCYCLE !!!

6) Plug in the T.R.E. and re-install the airbox and fuel tank.

To get the very best results, re-mapping is recommended, but not necessary.

This unit may be used in conjunction with the Dynojet Power Commander.
(recommended when aftermarket exhaust is used)

7) Enjoy your improved driveability!!
And remember........ I designed this product for you, to make your ride more enjoyable.

Thank you for your purchase !!
Ivan

Technical questions - 845-268-1212

**We offer substantial discounts on aftermarket exhausts and EFI systems and can provide you with a complete exhaust and fuel delivery package that will greatly improve the performance of your motorcycle which is as plug and play as you can get.**

Use of this product may not comply with your warranty!
Use of this product may cause your motorcycle to violate Federal Safety and/or Emission laws!

Rockland County Motorcycle is not responsible for any consequential damage to you or your motorcycle due to the use of this product!
This product will provide improved throttle response!
Take time and get used to your added driveability!
This Product is for "Off Road" / "Race Use" only
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,028 Posts
BNninja said:
www.zx-10r-forum.com

This forum stinks compared to .net.
.Net rocks and has better informed people and increased usage.

a little harsh.. but that's alright.. everyone goes through their growing pains.
www.zx-10r-forum.com is still an infant. give it a chance.. there's some good stuff posted out there.. the TRE installation procedure for one....

Jeech
 

·
Bloo Moderator
Joined
·
23,742 Posts
jeech,

Excellent instructions! I tried to just give him sub-throttle instructions hopping that would send him on his way. I know alot of members here would prefere he just call Ivan, but he will give you over all details first. He is running a business and is just not going to spout out the all the little details as you have from start to finish as I think the member wanted. Good post :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks for the info Jeech - it was the tps zeroing that I was trying to find out about.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
That was the exact info provided with the TRE... I just installed mine last night and kick myself in the Ass for not having it the same time I had power commander. Removing the air box was a Bitch the first time. It's very tight in the frame!! Lucky I took a file to the edges last time and gave myself some room to move it around a little more.. Really! This is something for you to think about. If you have not installed a PCIII or plan to get one... Recon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,028 Posts
ForceRecon said:
That was the exact info provided with the TRE... I just installed mine last night and kick myself in the Ass for not having it the same time I had power commander. Removing the air box was a Bitch the first time. It's very tight in the frame!! Lucky I took a file to the edges last time and gave myself some room to move it around a little more.. Really! This is something for you to think about. If you have not installed a PCIII or plan to get one... Recon

Ahhh yes, the airbox is a pain in the arse. The trick is to turn it clockwise 90 degrees before you try and pull it out of the frame. Once you turn it, it comes out of the frame without any resistance.
 
1 - 20 of 212 Posts
Top