Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

New to the forum, very cool site. Just got my ZX10R last week (first one!) '07 2nd hand from a Dealer, love it so far. Just working out what to get for it and what is already fitted, as it seems pretty stock.

Seems as though a TRE is a good investment but not sure if I have one already fitted, as it pretty snappy already in 1st - 4th (Pulled a huge power mono in 2nd the other day).

I pulled the rider seat off today, couldn't see anything that looked aftermarket but there were two plug that had empty caps plugged into them, near the ECU/battery.

Is this what the TRE is plugged into? Also why would Kawasaki put in plugs direct of the harness like that with nothing plugged into it (Race/Servicing)??

Check out the pics;

Been looking heaps on the net for install pics for a '07 10R TRE and on this forum but can't seem to find anything,

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have a 09 and have the same shit near my ecu or what not, I'm not super in tune with computers like some of the members on here, but I dont see a tre on that bike. Maybe you have some sprockets changed on it or something, could be geared lower then stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 09 and have the same shit near my ecu or what not, I'm not super in tune with computers like some of the members on here, but I dont see a tre on that bike. Maybe you have some sprockets changed on it or something, could be geared lower then stock
Hey abprep07, thanks for your post. Yeah haven't counted the sprockets yet - thanks for that! Forgot about doing that. Do you know the stock sprocket count for front and back?

Thanks,

Alex.

·
5,932 Posts
Well I no the 3rd gen stock its sitting at 17/41 and if yours is a second gen. 525chain 17/40, good luck and welcome to a place where no answer goes un-answered. This is by far the best site so you picked well!!!

·
5,932 Posts
hey

If I owned one I'd tell you, its kind of late wait for a post in the morning if anything, how did the counting of your sprockets go? But to be honest with you if you had a tre installed you would know because I think it would stand out near your ecu, cause my speedohealer, pcv,tre stand out like a sore thumb

·
Registered
319 Posts
No TRE in these pictures. The Ivan's TRE, more than likely, will be under the tank. It connects to a large brown or grey connector. Can't remember. If you have a GIpro (TRE with gear indicator), you would have a digital gear indicator ussually by the instrument cluster. it also connects to the same brown or grey connector.

·
5,932 Posts
yeah I know all that, but you would still see some wires ect standing out from your ecu, he doesnt have one it looks like

·
Registered
319 Posts
The TREs I have seen do not connect directly or near the ECU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I owned one I'd tell you, its kind of late wait for a post in the morning if anything, how did the counting of your sprockets go? But to be honest with you if you had a tre installed you would know because I think it would stand out near your ecu, cause my speedohealer, pcv,tre stand out like a sore thumb
Hey abprep07,

Thanks again for your post, counted the rear (40) but the front sprocket cover is tough to get off, will do it on the weekend not sure if I should take the right side fairings off to get to it?

Some people say they are under the tank? Not sure if I should just take the tank off and have a look anyway.

Thanks again for your help, would be grear it a Gen2 rider that has a TRE?

Alex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys,

Will pull the tank off on the weekend and look for this grey wiring harness. No gear indicator on the bike.

How valid is having a gear indicator on a bike anyway? Don't most/all riders just count what gear they are in and just 'know'? I don't really see the point, but am very interested in other peoples opion!

Thanks,

Alex.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had an 07 special edition with a GIpro. The gear indicator was nice usefull addition. If you don't have one, you won't miss it; but once you have one, you won't let go.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Who gives a sh*t where it's at. Save your time; pull the flies then install that tre in a trash bag and crack open a cold one for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who gives a sh*t where it's at. Save your time; pull the flies then install that tre in a trash bag and crack open a cold one for me.
Hey Guys,

hesaves0211 did you un-install your TRE and throw it in the trash, in your sig says you have one installed?? Mixed messages :S

Thanks everyone for their help, someone PM'd me the location :p will check tommorow,

Thanks again,

Alex.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Actually I wouldve if it wasn't such a pain to install I just said screw it. I got it free with a used pc3 I bought so I figured why not give it a shot right? Well from 0-100% I felt no significant result what so ever. Later I had a epiphone with the secondary removal, found you improved throttle responce plus 5hp in the mid range and it took a fraction of the time to remove them over the tre install. So needless to say you can see why I'm so compasionate over the fabled "free-mod" versus the bs $$ spent on what I consider a useless waste of time the tre. I'm not trying to stop ya bud it's your bike :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts