Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this sucks I have been dealing with Traxxion Dynamics for years all my suspension work done exclusively through them! well I sent out my forks on my new race bike to get the AK_20 kits done and they come back with stock needle valves in them! I call traxxion and they tell me I race an unpopular bike (zx10) so they have never made 7 degree tapper needles for the ZX10 { they have a CNC on site) my point is... what's the point of having the best fork kits if your trying to tune them with a blunt sledge hammer? I feel as if I just wasted my money!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
thats f'd up. Thanks for posting, i'll know now not to deal with em. I was a fan of the AK20 but if theyr jacking us 10 owners, its not worth it. What would you recommend instead now?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sadly the problem is they don't put any effort in dealing with non Suzuki's there a great shop with a great product! and I'm not bad mouthing them at all I just wish they would pull there head out of the sand and see there are ton of bikes out there that could use there attention other then Suzuki they don't even know what the stock eye to eye is on a 2008-2010 zx10 shock is! they just don't seem to care!

as far as who I would recommend? well I would say go with traxxion just know they will have 0 tech info to help you! and I have sent them an email on the needle hopefully this will spur then into cnc-ing some witch should take about 4 sec to do!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Could try GP suspension they make needles and are really top notch to deal with as well!
http://www.gpsuspension.com/products/comprneedles.php (note: I have used their needles in the past for Showa forks and they are not as shown on the website :thumbsup:) When I get the $ for my fork rebuild they have the job.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could try GP suspension they make needles and are really top notch to deal with as well!
http://www.gpsuspension.com/products/comprneedles.php (note: I have used their needles in the past for Showa forks and they are not as shown on the website :thumbsup:) When I get the $ for my fork rebuild they have the job.
Thanks for the info I will call them today and order some! I should send traxxion the bill

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah the zx10 is the whole needle and cage
Oh, well that's not too bad if you have ever seen what K-tech wants for the same thing! Go for it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Damn, thats crappy news.

Traxxion Dynamics did me well with my shock rebuild, but that is pretty crappy that they haven't taken the time to learn the non-Suzuki bikes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Somebody got picks of a stock needle vs a taper? Would it be possible to just mill the stocker or is there insufficient material?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Somebody got picks of a stock needle vs a taper? Would it be possible to just mill the stocker or is there insufficient material?
I remember reading something like this in Fastbikes (or one of the other overpriced Brit mags) that the editor had had this done to the comp needles on his 3rd Gen. So it can be done. Two points thought

1: Price. You would have to have a lathe or know somebody who did or the work price would likely be more than what you would pay GP for them. Also, the finish on the needles needs to be very smooth, I would think this would add to machining time.

2: How do you know what taper to cut or what you are going to end up with? I can't speak to the GP 3rd Gen needles, but the GP needles for the Showa were not just a different taper they had a completely different shape including being slightly longer.

Like I said, not a bad deal for both needles and holder for under a hundred bucks.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well update

Mike at Traxxion just called me he was very concerned I felt cheated <---witch goes along way in my book, shit happens... it's how you get treated after the fact that counts,
he said that they are going to get the CNC shop to make 7 degree tappers for the zx10 and he would send then to me inside of a month...witch is great I did not want to hear that my stock needles would work fine as I was told by the tech...<that pissed me off!... what all your AK-20 kits need a 7 degree tapper except mine?

any ways they are doing what I hoped they would do, and in the end as long as the right thing is done they will continue to get my business :eek:ccasion1 they have always been great to deal with in the past and they have done my last 3 race bikes!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well update

Mike at Traxxion just called me he was very concerned I felt cheated <---witch goes along way in my book, shit happens... it's how you get treated after the fact that counts,
he said that they are going to get the CNC shop to make 7 degree tappers for the zx10 and he would send then to me inside of a month...witch is great I did not want to hear that my stock needles would work fine as I was told by the tech...<that pissed me off!... what all your AK-20 kits need a 7 degree tapper except mine?

any ways they are doing what I hoped they would do, and in the end as long as the right thing is done they will continue to get my business :eek:ccasion1 they have always been great to deal with in the past and they have done my last 3 race bikes!
Good to hear. I too had never heard anything bad about Traxxion Dynamics until this thread, and it appears they are making it right.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well update

Sweet! I had very good customer service from them as well.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am just a track day guy not a racer.I put some AK20 on my 2ed gen tack bike this winter.Will not having the 7 deg tapper neadles hinder me or should I get some?I am sure there is alot of zx10 riders out there with AK20 kits in there bikes with stock needles.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am just a track day guy not a racer.I put some AK20 on my 2ed gen tack bike this winter.Will not having the 7 deg tapper neadles hinder me or should I get some?I am sure there is alot of zx10 riders out there with AK20 kits in there bikes with stock needles.
if you have the 04- 07 (gen 1 and 2) you have the 7 degree tapper it's only 08 -2010 that they have not made it for yet so your fine

but yes if you have a fork kit w/ stock needles it's like trying to tune a piano with a sledge hammer

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Birddog might want to read this thread. I remember him buying a set of gen3 forks with an ak20 kit...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts