Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sent my OEM 2006 ZX-10R shock to Traxxion Dynamics for a rebuild, revalve and new spring. All in all it is gonna cost around $300 plus shipping so its not bad at all. I am very excited about trying it out and I will definitely let you guys know how it feels when i get it back.

http://traxxion.com/

They have recently had some server issues and are moving everything to a new domain so the site isn't fully functional yet. I talked to them via email and phone and they are extremely friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah Id love to get some of their gas charged forks I guess those are suppose to be the awesome ... and work wonders.. but im sure those are some big bucks $$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been to their shop in Woodstock, GA before. Looks like any other building in an average lookin industrial complex, but boy inside is another story. I have seen NASCAR shops that didn't look as good as theirs. It was quite impressive as they took me on a tour of it. If I had a shop like that, I would be holding open houses and showing it off all the time.

They had several Computer controlled machines churning out parts, seperate bays set up to do just forks, more new equipment than you can believe. I would say you have made a good choice. :thumbsup:
That is good to hear. They did seem pretty knowledgeable and the price was over $100 cheaper than the competitors so it wasn't a difficult choice. I can't wait to get the shock back. Will definitely keep you guys up to date on how everything works out

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Very interested in the results. I'm about to go the same route after LE completed screwed up my Penske order. After talking to Makk at Traxxion, I decided to just revalve my stocker (street/occassional B group track)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my shock in today. I Haven't installed it yet but it looks really nice. They thoroughly cleaned it and the new spring & spacer looks pretty nice.

They also included a shock dyno graph and I was hoping someone on here could translate it for me because I don't understand it at all.

Here's a link to the shock dyno:
http://employees.demosales.net/shockdyno.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm sold on them for sure.....and I want to hear more about this shock dyno chart...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got my shock in today. I Haven't installed it yet but it looks really nice. They thoroughly cleaned it and the new spring & spacer looks pretty nice.

They also included a shock dyno graph and I was hoping someone on here could translate it for me because I don't understand it at all.

Here's a link to the shock dyno:
http://employees.demosales.net/shockdyno.jpg
The graph is just damping force vs. shaft velocity for both compression and rebound. The multiple lines are the different settings.

Lower shaft velocities typically corespond to more "handling" maneuvers whereas higher shaft velocities are experienced with bumps, etc.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, after about 1000 street miles and a day at Jennings GP i can happily report that I got my money's worth with this shock. It works great!

The rebound and compression adjusters actually make a difference now!

The bike is absolutely planted in the rear while cornering. Much more so than the softly sprung OEM setup.

For $300 it is definitely a great investment, and will make a much bigger difference than something like an aftermarket exhaust or something of that nature.

Highly recommended

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I have been using the AK-20's for a few years now I have them in my new race bike the 1125R Buell, my 08 ZX10 and my 04 ZX10 there top of the line stuff! the only prob with Traxxion is they think the only bike worth testing is the GSXR!

·
Registered
615 Posts
man...there is a lot of new stuff coming up lately that I got to remember...

Going to get back into track days pretty soon. I just scored some glass from a fellow member...now i got to remember this and about sending my damper out to Dan Kyle to get fixed up.:eyecrazy: I definetly need the bike re-sprung cause i am a bit on the hefty side as far as weight goes...the 3 track days I have done where on a completely stock bike....what should I expect from something that is set-up for me??

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One thing you'll notice is less 'bobbing' in the rear when you accelerate out of corners, and less tendency for the bike to push wide also.

Give the guys at Traxxion a call, they'll tell you everything you need to know and set it up for your weight and everything.

http://traxxion.com/contact-us.aspx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts