Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

OK im new to the ZX10 forum so i'm hoping I can get some advice. Last year my first gear started skipping, I was told it was a bent shift fork and after a bitch and a half of dropping the motor, taking it to the shop, and having them tear into the tranny replacing the shift fork, first AND second gear (ALL new Kawasaki OEM) and popping it back in viola I had first gear again, well, two months go by and the same f'ing thing happened AGAIN! now, I trust the shop I go to I have been going to them for years, has anyone else had this problem? I would've thought that first would last a LONG time after putting new parts in and this is really frustrating for me

Ive been riding 20 years and this has never happened to me before, so I dont think its because of bad shifting habbits, do Kawaski transmissions suck or is this a fluke?

Oh Yea, I noticed this on a couple other ZX10's and Im wondering if you guys have had the same experience, are the brakes always so soft?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
:welcome:
There were some periodical problems with bent shoft forks, but nothing important, it's not a common issue. Maybe something else is causing this?

The brakes are a common issue, they need upgrading. zx6 07-09 or z1000 07-09 or zx14 06-09 will do the trick.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Every name has something...Kawasaki's are really known for having such solid tranny's but yes I have heard of the rod breaking or bending though. All I can say would you want a honda or yamaha or gsxr? Honda's love oil like a crackhead loves crack, yamaha I can't even go in to detail about LOL, gsxr's love cracking frames!! Kawasaki only thing I have ever heard of lately is a clutch cable Ha ha which isn't that bad when comparing to the others...But brakes feeling soft? Mine are soft but when you grab them you better hold on cause your stopping!! But defenty get rid of the stock brake setup, if anything jump to the zx14r rotors, there a little bit better with heat and change out the stock pad on your bike and I doubt you will use soft again...

But if anything welcome to the site man....:banamet:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes i have oroblems shiffting it feels notchy most of the time and i have had my shift fork rod an 1st 2nd gear replaced and i have tried a new set of clutches after and i still cannot resolve the problem, i have encountered a lott of vibration on the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts