Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a high pitched buzz/whine in 1st and 2nd @ 5-8 k RPM that disappears when I engage the clutch. Thenoise itself sounds similar to the ignition key buzz but a little higher in frequency. It dissapears at higher RPM in 1st and 2nd or alltogether in 3rd through 6th gears. I am guilty of missing a few shifts between 1st and 2nd at the track while hard on the throttle. Shift fork, dogs, any ideas. Am I mis-interpreting the noise and could this be something else? The thing that points me to the tranny is the fact that it quits when I pull the clutch. Can I continue to ride?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not normal and hard to fix over the internet with out having the bike here.

I would just take the clutch out and check bearing backlash and transmission shaft end play.

Has any work been done to the bike before the noise started? IE clutch changed?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not normal and hard to fix over the internet with out having the bike here.

I would just take the clutch out and check bearing backlash and transmission shaft end play.

Has any work been done to the bike before the noise started? IE clutch changed?
Motor and tranny are stock, and I haven't done any work short of fluid changes. No recent fluichanges or even maintenance work. It popped up half way through my last track day. Thanks for the reply, I've been thinking about a new clutch and this may be the excuse I need to get in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts