Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting one of these for my bike? Are they any good? Easy to install? Anyone got one of these? If so please share your views.

Do they come with a plug and play loom or do you need to do some rewiring yourself?

The reason im looking at one of these units is because im not getting on with the stock rev counter. Apart from the traslogic unit, what other unit can offer me a better rev counter than stock?

Thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
starlane unit is nice. What do you mean the stock gauges do their job? You gonna spend almost 1k for a new cluster. You have to wire them up your self also. No plug and play, i wired up a track buddies starlane to his gsxr600 and it is a bad ass piece.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check the starlane unit out.

With the stock unit, i find that i really dont like the rev counter and i want a better rev counter. I actually like the old style needle rev counter clock.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
781 Posts
retro fit an 06 07 or 08 09 counter, just have to find the wiring diagram thats in the service manual floating around the net. Mount it and your set. It would take a bit of work but it can be done. You could also find a spare on ebay pretty cheap, maybe 100 bucks.

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
those starlanes are very trick

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sorry i dont like the 06-09 zx10r units.

I do like the fireblade clocks. Nice big needle rev counter clock. Could i wire one of these units to my 1st gen?

as long as you get a wiring diagram you can use any cluster. just have to find the wires that give you the rev pulse, speed etc. Also have to make sure the type of sensors are alike so they send out the same signals.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
MXL: Performance and Power

8-12 Inputs | up to 16 MB Memory | RPM
Lateral G Sensor | 1-4 wheel speeds
6 Configurable Alarms | 10 Shift Lights

Prices starting at $1099 for race-ready
systems including wiring and sensors.

Connects directly to many engine
computers (ECU).

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW, you have some money!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
MXL: Performance and Power

8-12 Inputs | up to 16 MB Memory | RPM
Lateral G Sensor | 1-4 wheel speeds
6 Configurable Alarms | 10 Shift Lights

Prices starting at $1099 for race-ready
systems including wiring and sensors.

Connects directly to many engine
computers (ECU).

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW, you have some money!!
Or broke? jk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the AIM XML and that would be my 1st choice if it wasnt for the price tag. :wink:

Hence why im looking for a cheaper version and the translogic seems like a good compromisebut i dont like the idea of hacking into my wiring loom,i want a plug & play option.

Tasos: Nice bike & dash. What forks do you have on it? I love those fork tops.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Well...don't be scared! Some cool wallpaper pics. :lol: :thumbsup:
That 3rd PIC of the black ZX10R is :drool: very nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
as long as you get a wiring diagram you can use any cluster. just have to find the wires that give you the rev pulse, speed etc. Also have to make sure the tyoe of sensors are alike so they send out the same signals.
Not true those Clusters looks like your traditional Analog Tach Gauge. Do a search it was major money and time just to use the same type of Cluster on a 2nd Gen 10R to work on my 1st Gen 10R......I couldn't imagine how much more work it will take to make another Manufacturer's cluster work on a Kawi. :headshake:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.