Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had a magma red bike but really wanted a blue. couldnt find anyone to trade fairings so i decided to start a weekend project. ordered some true blue pearl paint from the coating store online, and some blue sealer and got to work. sanded it all down. rigged up the fairings on dowels with hot glue and screws . first i layed 3 coats of matte blue sealer, next 3 coats of blue pearl and final was 3 clear. wet sanded and buffed and it came out real nice. best i can do for not having a booth. it was rough due to 40 degree weather but i fired up the torpedo heater between coats to keep the temp up. i have a new tank pad ordered and also the OEM tank decals im going to put back over the raised letters but not for 30 days or so.
[/IMG]

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My Favorite Color :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ya its not the same as the kawi blue but i liked this one best so i ordered it.
What's the Color Called? There is a difference like the Blue for 2004 is different than the blue for the Gen 2 bikes 2007 which I don't care for much the 2004 is called Candy Thunder Blue and the Gen 2 is called Candy Plasma Blue.

Bloo

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Looks geat!! Like BlueDevil, CTBloo is my favorite for the 10R. I did a similar thing to my '05, changed the Magma Red to CTB and never looked back. I went a different way though, I just replaced my tank and fairings since a car decided to demolish the original ones lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a new tank pad ordered and also the OEM tank decals im going to put back over the raised letters but not for 30 days or so.
:grin2: Love the way this turned out. I was actually wondering the other day how the tank decal will turn out if it was left on the tank for paint. Thank you for answering that question for me. Looks like it becomes kinda of a ghost decal on the tank. I wish you’d leave it like that cuz it's like a debadged look and I love that look.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I wish you’d leave it like that cuz it's like a debadged look and I love that look.
I am the opposite a 1st Gen Bike is so rare looking meaning there is no 600 version of it and not many like the Suzuki bikes that all look the same. The reason the Badging is important so not every Tom, Dick and Hairy with a Bike or 600 tries to race you when they See ZX10R and NINJA then they know that is a 400lb over 160hp 186mph bike not to be messed with. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man that really looks good! I've done some painting, but I don't know if I would have the patience to prep everything to repaint it. Now get those decals on there and lets see it!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well done 97grnrs! Is this all done with rattle can? If so did you have nozzle attachment? Looks really nice I have to say, I paid a guy $500 bucks to paint all my fairings on a r6, yours came out a good deal better!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i use just cheap harbor freight spray guns and 2k auto paint. still comes out really nice. decals are on the way

1 - 20 of 33 Posts