Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

921 - 931 of 931 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #921
Dash arrived Thursday yay!removing the old dash after this post!Ive download the manual and checked out the Davinci mounting so organised I hope,the wiring goes to the oem loom and once I plug it in the Starlane should recognise the model and hopefully ching ching from there!after the extra Radiator fk up I'm very sceptical of ad ons atm

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
Big job

Justin's putting it back together!the only piece I have to make are where the carbon fiber dash inlays don't meat the davinci dash!started it up and it looks great!honestly took hours to work out how to mount it!had to buy more M4 screws and nuts f,,king pricks lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
Very happy with this dash

Well I'm so happy with the fit and quality and it's just a breath of fresh air!I have oredered the carbon fiber Twill sheet and no exactly what I need to do!the Shorai lithium battery dropped its guts but really 7 years old that was fine

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #925
different dash layouts

I'm sure it does have different layouts and I have to study the Starlane options!I have the Dash inserts made up already

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
The bike looks amazing... well done! I'm also looking to put a new dash on my bike and I have narrowed it down to the Starlane davinci IIs as well. Mounting it to my bike is really my only concern, everything else looks to be plug and play. Do you have it mounted to the OEM gauge bracket that mounts to the air intake and if so what modifications did you have to do if any?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #929
Thank you and sorry for the delay!its 100% plug and play but mounting it was a bit testy but all dash replacements will be much the same!I had to strip the oem dash and use its mounting to attach the Starlane too!but since Ive done the ground work whoever fits one next has a much easier job!Starlane actually give you the wrong mounting M3 or M4 bolts so I had to purchase extras!Starlane also stress that the dash must be mounted with the rubber mounts supplied so that was done with the oem rubber mounting also!once it was in going through the menu and settings are basic and user friendly!it has its own GPS antenna and for the track day punter its simple!now I tried to buy 2-3 different Dash brands with no luck here is Australia and tbh I luv this dash,I also made the Carbon fiber dash inlays for another ZX10R owner in Singapore!I have the shape and plenty of Carbon sheet left

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #930
Changed my fuel supplier

Because I refuse to buy Service Station fuel here in Australia because its a lucky dip Ive always used a 99-100 octane lightly oxyengenated race fuel and swapped suppliers a few months ago!Im like a Prositute to fuel or oil suppliers with slapping their company decal on my bike!I pay for the fuel but they add to my wardrobe with shirts,hats and jackets!tbh I could prolly get the fuel cheap if I asked but because my bike is a ornament the sits on a mantelpiece it's no biggy

Attachments

921 - 931 of 931 Posts