Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I traded off my ZX-10 in January on a new leftover ZX-14. Got a couple things done so far but no track time yet. Not broke in yet. I thought I would share a couple pics with you guys. Don't be too hard on me for it, please:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no passes yet. still need to get some more miles on it before i beat it up too bad. And probably a stickier tire. I will post times when i get to the track though. Im hoping with some seat time to run close to what the 10 did. which was 9.47. I need some miracle gro for my balls, though.:lol:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It will go faster than the 10, you will be amazed at how easy it is to launch. I made one pass on a 14 and went 9.43 with a soft launch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bitchin bike! U aint gotta go ez on her.....HIT IT & HOLD IT!:thumbsup: Thats just my opinion though,sum wont agree.All my motors & bikes are broken in during shakes & races,after heat cycling....I beat on my toys.I Just change the oil in'em ALL THE TIME.GL with it though man!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you do alot of drag racing then that is defiantly the bike of choice. My buddy has a 12 and a 14 and all I can say is those bikes feel great on long rides although I prefer the 10r I would not be mad in any way for a 14. I often tell my buddies when they trade their sport bikes in for harleys I will be buying a 14 or Busa

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had a zx14 and from the crate it went straight to the dyno and from there put on roughly 400 track miles...trust me just ride it like its going to be ridden later on. thats a nice set up as well. no need for a newer tire, set the psi and go have at it

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My next bike will be a 14, a Concours 14. The wife said no more 'sport' bikes, only bikes that are 2 up comfy. If I wanted a 14, I would have to sell the 10 and I won't sell the 10 for a 14.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx for the compliments, guys. I have just over 400 miles on it after last nites ride. Was really wanting to hit the track this weekend, but it's gonna rain today and Saturday so that means no time to finish breaking it in before Sunday's race.:-(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts