Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a leftover 2015 non ABS and trying to get used to it since i came from a gen 1. was screwing around with the traction control settings tonight and the book says lengthy wheelies in setting 1 with long drifts allowed. Just rolling onto the throttle in the 1 setting was enabling traction control to come on and cut power. the bar below the speedo would flash to the max right. wheelies wont stand up tall in 1. is that how all setting 1 is? i know setting 3 i can get the front wheel off the ground about 6" but under heavy throttle in first it cuts out very early. i just figured setting 1 would come in only under heavy wheel spin or high wheelies.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just got a leftover 2015 non ABS and trying to get used to it since i came from a gen 1. was screwing around with the traction control settings tonight and the book says lengthy wheelies in setting 1 with long drifts allowed. Just rolling onto the throttle in the 1 setting was enabling traction control to come on and cut power. the bar below the speedo would flash to the max right. wheelies wont stand up tall in 1. is that how all setting 1 is? i know setting 3 i can get the front wheel off the ground about 6" but under heavy throttle in first it cuts out very early. i just figured setting 1 would come in only under heavy wheel spin or high wheelies.
i just turn the shit off! >:)

Reactions: d16rr

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yah setting 1 isn't very good, especially on a race track. I ran it for a while but found that turning it completely off made the bike far more predictable. You can dial different traction control settings if you get the woolich kit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you are on the track then ^^^. On the street acclerating in 1st,2nd, or 3rd under wide open throttle conditions, traction control 1 will allow you to accelerate the fastest. In other workers, You cannot modulate the throttle better than the computer in a straight line under full power in the first three gears.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Edit just saw you are talking about a 2015. My info is based on the 2016.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i got the woolich kit could i turn off wheelie control but keep wheel slip on?

i would turn it off but i have it on the bike and i feel like it has to be pretty useful, theres no way im going to reach the limits of the bike. i just want to make sure its working correctly

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you want to 12 o'clock it, just turn the TC off. It's doing what it's supposed to do.

The front will come up a little bit in TC1, enough to float it across railroad tracks or whatever. It can get real high if you crest a hill with the throttle whacked open, so it's not idiot-proof. I got a little complacent and almost looped it once, thinking the TC would kill power before it got out of hand. I was wrong.

I do track days and race my gen4 with the TC on level 2. Full power setting on smooth tracks and "M" on rough and bumpy surfaces. I can go a little bit faster with the TC turned off, but the bike is kind of a handful and it eats tires quicker. I want to play with the different settings this season and see if I can find a mode that works better for me as I get more seat time. This bike was never on the track before September of last year so I'm adjusting to it yet. My old 600 track bike barely made 100hp so it was much more tame when opening the throttle. Things get pretty lively when you put an additional 80hp to the rear tire.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea ive been screwing around with it a bit more since the bike has a couple more miles on it now and ive been riding it a bit harder. i just need to get the feel of each setting and find a comfort zone

·
Registered
231 Posts
For the '16 on TC1, if you crack the throttle it'll come up pretty smoothly, but if you leave the throttle wide open, once it hits about 11 grand it'll come higher again. It's sort of got 2 stages of wheelie control I've noticed. One is maybe 6 degrees, second is around 9 degrees.
As for clutch ups etc, yeah got to turn TC off. Really annoying to be honest since you have to stop etc to do so. Another perk of the Woolich system I guess, which I really need to get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts