Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bazzazperformance.com/

I originaly wanted the 08 10R for the TC. Now Bazzaz makes it for the 06-07 zx10R along with other late model Japanese bikes....

08 description.......

Ignition
- Advanced ignition management system helps curtail sudden spikes in engine speed, enhancing the rider’s control of torque delivery
- Sophisticated ECU logic based on extensive rider testing
- Monitors throttle position, gear position and rate of RPM change, then adjusts ignition advance to help regulate torque production

I think Im going to pick one of these up in a few weeks, then head to FL (Jennings) to test it out in January. (race bike) I might still pick up a 08 ten and make it do double duty (Super Stock, WERA & CCS) and my street bike.

Im excited about this add on, because my corner speed is slower because of babying the throttle...

I have a top WERA , CSS and ARSA racer who just used the add on Gixxer Factory TC and had nothing but good things to say about it....

I read an article about the enginer who develop TC for Matt and the team. He then went on to develope his company and TC for most
late model bikes.
Here:
http://www.bazzazperformance.com/

What do you think this means to the rear world racers...the club racers and the Local AMA privatier guys?
I remember after the race sunday at summit when the track lap record was broken....one thing that we all said is what is different? How is it that the same guys who break the record every year do this time by a "Large" margin??? and on top of that.....this time they did it in drizzle when it started to rain.

Traction Control is the only new variable that was added to the equation.

Im just writing this to see what are your thoughts on this.
Because now you and me can have TC for under $1,500.00 Us, the average club racer, not the factory sponsored guru....

thoughts?

http://www.onthethrottle.com/v2/

Go here and click on
product reviews, then the bazzaz video.
Club racers going from top ten to podium just from using this tech last year.
Cool stuff.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find ..thanks.

rep sent
I was just surprised nobody on here was talking about it. I read about this last year, but i thought it was zukis only. I just knew we wouldnt get it until 08.
Once Kawi wrote it up as standard eq on the 08 I was sold on the 08.

Now, since my race bike is all set up and been running good... i sort of dreded maybe starting over again.

But like I said my current plan is cool and Ill have TC to test and play with at the track and on the street.

ALso the Bazzaz TC is customizable and I think it comes with a powercomander built in.
Who might pick this up?

Im like what the hell, im making a strong run in 2008 on the race circut and would love this baby in my arsanel.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
rep sent!!!
Hey thanks but what do rep sent mean? :dontknow: lol

I cant wait....watch the video...top 10 guys now finishing 1-3 .... Street wise I guess this will help on the back roads, oh and should be called anti burnout unit, lol

THis should cut down on HIGH SIdES, .... for me the scariest thing in racing.....talk about tuck nutts, lol

Also, the 04-05 ZX10R needs it more than this bike.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
:+1: for Bazzaz...

He worked 6 years as a race engineer for Yoshimura R&D with Madlin

among others AMA top riders ... I guess he knows a thing or two about

traction control..

Was gonna buy a race ECU for my '06 but this sounds too good....

to pass..

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Hey thanks but what do rep sent mean? :dontknow: lol

I cant wait....watch the video...top 10 guys now finishing 1-3 .... Street wise I guess this will help on the back roads, oh and should be called anti burnout unit, lol

THis should cut down on HIGH SIdES, .... for me the scariest thing in racing.....talk about tuck nutts, lol

Also, the 04-05 ZX10R needs it more than this bike.
Rep sent,
If you look at your avator, underneath is a couple of green boxes those are your reputation. Post something worthy and you will receive a rep.

This product will make it exciting for us track riders / racers to have. Having an ace up the sleeve will be great. As you have mentioned hopefully pushes the possibility of highsides further away. I wonder, will it help to lay down strips of rubber as we are leaned over nailing the apex... :lol:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Huh, so not to be to retarded, can you hold the thottle open more in the turns and traction control will kind of retard your input until your get the bike back up and straight?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So since everyone is so high on it how does it work? The new zx10r is clear that it takes into account RPM, Gear Position and Speed...then Spike diffs measured from all 3 sensors if RPMs changes radically it adjust and slips. Why or how is this going to be the same or better and what changes do you get from stock plus what changes are needed to upgrade and why wouldn't the first
Gens be part of this miraculous miracle? :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
At Willow Springs race track in California their rules state that after market traction control is not permitted. Which sucks since I am racing a '06 10R and the 08 10R will have TC built in, which is not against the rules. I hope they change the rules next year. If the bazzazz unit works then all hell will break loose in the club racing community. The dude making these units will become quite wealthy over night.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So since everyone is so high on it how does it work? The new zx10r is clear that it takes into account RPM, Gear Position and Speed...then Spike diffs measured from all 3 sensors if RPMs changes radically it adjust and slips. Why or how is this going to be the same or better and what changes do you get from stock plus what changes are needed to upgrade and why wouldn't the first
Gens be part of this miraculous miracle? :popcorn:

They are virtuly the same, except that Bazzaz will be tunable/programable
to the riders liking vs a preset like the stock units and comes with a PC built in...i think.

Here is a quote from the Kawasaki TC:
- Advanced ignition management system helps curtail sudden spikes in engine speed, enhancing the rider’s control of torque delivery
- Monitors throttle position, gear position and rate of RPM change, then adjusts ignition advance to help regulate torque production

Here is Bazzaz qoute:
Traction control is easily adjusted by Throttle Position, RPM, and Gear to suit any track or riding condition. Adjustments on the fly can be made with an optional TC adjust switch, making tuning even more simple.
Adjustable by Throttle Position, RPM, and Gear for optimal performance under all riding conditions
• Intuitive software interface for easy tuning
• Uses stock sensors only, AMA Super Sport and Super Stock legal

Here is the direct link to the Kawasaki one.
http://www.bazzazperformance.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=26

Also: Im sure they will start back filling older years like the 04-05 zx10R. Think about it, in about 1 to 2 years all the japanese bikes will have TC. Im sure in 09 Yammy, Kawi, Zukis, and Honda will all have it on the 1000's so Bazzaz could be out of business fast. so if he start doing older bikes and every one see the advantages of TC they will want it on the older gens. IMHO.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
They are virtuly the same, except that Bazzaz will be tunable/programable
to the riders liking vs a preset like the stock units and comes with a PC built in...i think.

Here is a quote from the Kawasaki TC:

Here is Bazzaz qoute:
Traction control is easily adjusted by Throttle Position, RPM, and Gear to suit any track or riding condition. Adjustments on the fly can be made with an optional TC adjust switch, making tuning even more simple.
Adjustable by Throttle Position, RPM, and Gear for optimal performance under all riding conditions
• Intuitive software interface for easy tuning
• Uses stock sensors only, AMA Super Sport and Super Stock legal

Here is the direct link to the Kawasaki one.
http://www.bazzazperformance.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=26

Also: Im sure they will start back filling older years like the 04-05 zx10R. Think about it, in about 1 to 2 years all the japanese bikes will have TC. Im sure in 09 Yammy, Kawi, Zukis, and Honda will all have it on the 1000's so Bazzaz could be out of business fast. so if he start doing older bikes and every one see the advantages of TC they will want it on the older gens. IMHO.

Something still don't smell right...I am the expert on gear position and RPM diffs from one Gen to another...why it will be an issue in the first place from the first Gen 10r to another makes it suspicious. ...you guys have fun with it just putting in my .02 and not buying it :headshake

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the bazzazz unit works then all hell will break loose in the club racing community. The dude making these units will become quite wealthy over night.

I think it will. $1000 for a help in one of the biggest objects to concur....making it around a curve without high/lowsiding. Its not an instant cure, but it should help a whole lot.

Same here. I saw an ad for it a few months ago in RRW, I think and kept meaning to mention it here but always forgot. I figured everyone would be talking about it.
Same here. I started a thread on my local forum about a month ago, and ment to do the same here. I wanted to see what the views were over here. On my local BBS, its split 50/50. SOme like it, some think it will take away from the rider skill. I personaly dont think so. You will still need skills to win races. Its not an auto pilot.

I search and said oh damn....nobody posted it up on here... Im 90% sure im getting one in Nov or Dec.

Huh, so not to be to retarded, can you hold the thottle open more in the turns and traction control will kind of retard your input until your get the bike back up and straight?
Well at the AMA's at VIR you could hear Matt and Ben going into turn 5 with the engins bouncing off the rev limiter while turned over.

I think this system is a very watered down version of that. Im sure you can still spin the wheels, but my boy that has it on his race bike said you can hear the bike drop a cyclinder of something. So im sure if you go into a turn at 1/4 throttle on a standard bike, you might be able to go into a curve at about 3/4 throttle with a TC unit bike. But im strickly guessing based on the video, my boys account and the material posted on the Bazzaz site.

Also, I think my boy was sliding in alot of the turns at Daytona vs spinning up. nothing going to help us with sliding right now.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Something still don't smell right...I am the expert on gear position and RPM diffs from one Gen to another...why it will be an issue in the first place from the first Gen 10r to another makes it suspicious. ...you guys have fun with it just putting in my .02 and not buying it :headshake
It could be that they just never tried it yet. Im thinking the same as you, but they might have just selected the most current bikes and the more likely to be at club races and started their. Im sure they will start back filling. It might be just a wire harness thing.

This little item that plugs right in should be good.

Read this:

-Fi AFM Option

The optional Z-AFM kit consists of an air fuel sensor and amplifier box that plugs into the any of the Z-Fi products, and allows for closed-loop tuning of the motorcycle.

Closed loop tuning means that as the user rides the bike, on the track or on a dynamometer, the Z-Fi automatically makes adjustments to the fuel delivery in order to optimize performance. The user has the ability to set a target air fuel ratio, and view the recommended adjustments using the Z-Fi software. The user can choose whether to have the adjustments applied on the fly, as the bike is being ridden, or after the fact once the recommended adjustments have been reviewed.

The Z-AFM kit offers optimal performance without the time or cost of a custom dyno tune. The kit comes with all of the required hardware, but may require modification of the exhaust pipe to accept the air fuel sensor fitting. Many manufacturers, like Yoshimura, make versions of their existing pipes with the sensor fitting already built in.

• Plug and Play installation with any of the Z-Fi products (may require pipe modification to accept sensor)
• Allows for closed-loop self tuning
• Allows for optimal mapping without the time or cost of a custom dyno tune
• User adjustable target air fuel ratio for performance and fuel economy

MSRP: $349.95

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It could be that they just never tried it yet. Im thinking the same as you, but they might have just selected the most current bikes and the more likely to be at club races and started their. Im sure they will start back filling. It might be just a whire harness thing.

Von not trying to say your right or wrong, yes the only diff. between the 2 Gens is a Harness thing not the signals them selfs as Gear,Tach, and speed all work the same the ECUs may be different but that's shouldn't be a problem for this type of thing you would think :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I was just surprised nobody on here was talking about it. I read about this last year, but i thought it was zukis only. I just knew we wouldnt get it until 08.
Once Kawi wrote it up as standard eq on the 08 I was sold on the 08.

Now, since my race bike is all set up and been running good... i sort of dreded maybe starting over again.

But like I said my current plan is cool and Ill have TC to test and play with at the track and on the street.

ALso the Bazzaz TC is customizable and I think it comes with a powercomander built in.
Who might pick this up?

Im like what the hell, im making a strong run in 2008 on the race circut and would love this baby in my arsanel.
I've only went throught the site quickly...I didn't see that a 'power commander like' feature was ther too...so the TC is acrually cheaper then listed for those who aven't gotten the PC yet...

This thing is gething better and better...

more rep!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I meet Amar Bazzaz at a Tucker Rocky dealer show. I was quite impressed with the system. Von is right it is a slightly watered down system but in theory it should work well. From what I understand from speaking with him the system has ten traction control settings that work off stock sensors. In essence if the rear wheel unloads and the the rpm spikes the tc kicks in. The user interface for the tc setting is very basic with the ten settings. They are also going to make a handle bar mount go you can adjust the tc on the fly. This is a very watered down explaination as there are more mathmatics behind it but when asked he would not tell, which is understandable. I have actually ordered the Z-Fi/QS system from them. The street cost for the TC system will be $900. And the street cost for the QS system in $700. All the release dates so far are 11/15/07. I like the pure fact that it is much less than the Dynojet combinations and it is all inclusive in one unit about the size of a stock ecu.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I meet Amar Bazzaz at a Tucker Rocky dealer show. I was quite impressed with the system. Von is right it is a slightly watered down system but in theory it should work well. From what I understand from speaking with him the system has ten traction control settings that work off stock sensors. In essence if the rear wheel unloads and the the rpm spikes the tc kicks in. The user interface for the tc setting is very basic with the ten settings. They are also going to make a handle bar mount go you can adjust the tc on the fly. This is a very watered down explaination as there are more mathmatics behind it but when asked he would not tell, which is understandable. I have actually ordered the Z-Fi/QS system from them. The street cost for the TC system will be $900. And the street cost for the QS system in $700. All the release dates so far are 11/15/07. I like the pure fact that it is much less than the Dynojet combinations and it is all inclusive in one unit about the size of a stock ecu.

[thread jack] (hey, where can I find a larger picture of your avatar? ) [/thread jack]

I figured this would get moved... now most memebers who just stay in zx10 section (like me) will not see this, oh well.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
[thread jack] (hey, where can I find a larger picture of your avatar? ) [/thread jack]

I figured this would get moved... now most memebers who just stay in zx10 section (like me) will not see this, oh well.
I used to have the same problem...browsing only the ZX-10 forum...but now I use the 'new posts' thing-a-ma-gig (right were the search, forum and other leaflets are...don't know how to call them...

This way you can at least see rapidely what subjects have gotten responses....then you can go back to your usual forum... anyway since I started using this it's more pleasent here....

Same thing in your USER CP...you see all the threads you are subsribed too...

It wasn't ovious to me at first...so I'm respectfully pointing that out to you...in case you don't know...and if you already knew that then...i feel like a bit dumb ass now...:spit:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts