Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
Done with a first batch of mods...bought my '05 late (january 06), mileage: 1700 as of july 22nd.
Here's the list:
* Akrapovic "Evolution II" full system
* PC III and TRE w/custom map
* 520 conversion w/ DID ERV3 gold
* Afam sprockets 16x40 ( -1, +1)
* Speedohealer ([email protected]+12%)
* Motul synthetic
* Cox radiator guard (took fan off)
* safety wiring (WSMC legal)
* Ohlins steering damper w/Harris kit
* Penske triple click
* Fork tubes raised 5 mm
* Vortex rearsets
* Spiegler SS brake lines
* WaterWetter
* Shogun frame sliders
* Sato Racing axle sliders (will mount'em tomorrow)
* Stomp tank grips
* Supercorsas SC1 front & rear
* Mychron LightTG lap timer

Next mods:
** Attack Kawi race plastics (back ordered...in around aug. 10th ???)
* Ferodo Sintergrip race pads
** Fork internals
* Woodcraft engine covers
** Brembo front MC

I've done 1 and 1/2 track day since, power delivery is smoother, have not dyno yet, have to get used to the outstanding grip from the SC1 pirelli's (not to be overcooked with the warmers though..).
Doing crack days on 3 different tracks this month (Fontucky, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs), hopefully I can have the fork done pretty soon.
:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll be racing at Willow the October thru december rounds in Novice Heavyweight...with a liter bike and a WSMC novice license, you're screwed, can only enter this class while with a 600/novice you have more options.:thumbsup:
And these are the OEM clip-ons, we just took the commands and some electrical off on the left side.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sweet. I am slowly working on doing the same to mine....rear sets are next. How do you like that stomp grip on the tank? I hear the attack bodywork is the best. Good job man.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
05Ti10 said:
Sweet. I am slowly working on doing the same to mine....rear sets are next. How do you like that stomp grip on the tank? I hear the attack bodywork is the best. Good job man.
Stomp grips are awesome, highly recommended. I have another set ready to go when everything comes back from the painter....I don't want anything but Attack Kawi plastics and they're not even sponsoring my ass...they have shitloads of them comin, probably stuck in [email protected] Pedro port as we speak..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Felix el gato said:
I'll be racing at Willow the October thru december rounds in Novice Heavyweight...with a liter bike and a WSMC novice license, you're screwed, can only enter this class while with a 600/novice you have more options.:thumbsup:
And these are the OEM clip-ons, we just took the commands and some electrical off on the left side.
Yeah, I know that with a 600 it's a little easier to navigate around, but I also have to imagine the competition is a little stiffer with so many guys on 600s. I'm thinking about jumping into racing by this time next year or maybe even earlier in the Spring. I just gotta start setting some $$ aside cuz I know it's expensive...tons of trackdays, spare parts, tires, fuel, etc.

Which school did you get your license through?

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Looks good!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
IcePick06 said:
Yeah, I know that with a 600 it's a little easier to navigate around, but I also have to imagine the competition is a little stiffer with so many guys on 600s. I'm thinking about jumping into racing by this time next year or maybe even earlier in the Spring. I just gotta start setting some $$ aside cuz I know it's expensive...tons of trackdays, spare parts, tires, fuel, etc.

Which school did you get your license through?
WSMC....The mandatory new racer's school is the saturday/day before races...paid for it but technically don't have it yet (was originally planning to race this month but I need mo' track time and no school in september..)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KaTooM said:
Ya but who took those crappy pictures......:crackup:

See you at Willow on the 26th? :dontknow:
Yes Sir !
Last time at Fontucky, you asked me what engine temp I was running at the end of a session....around 175 when entering the pits/under grandstands.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Felix el gato said:
Yes Sir !
Last time at Fontucky, you asked me what engine temp I was running at the end of a session....around 175 when entering the pits/under grandstands.
Mine was about 210, 215 by time time I made it to the garage, with fan running, and fresh flush of water and water wetter. I may have a water pump going bad?

Thanks for the info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts