Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so im interested to do a track day and ive looked up stuff about them and i just keep getting things like tape headlights and taillights...etc.. my question is..do i just show up at the track on the specific dates..im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..i know its a noob question sorry..appreciate any help

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Most track days are held by a group and are pre registered. A lot of times you may find a few members on a local bike forum, or local riders may know. Otherwise if you have a track in mind you could contact them to find out if they have open days for riding. Usually the rules for bike prep will vary some from track to track as well. Another good source for information might be a local bike shop as well.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Okay so im interested to do a track day and ive looked up stuff about them and i just keep getting things like tape headlights and taillights...etc.. my question is..do i just show up at the track on the specific dates..im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..i know its a noob question sorry..appreciate any help
Usually, a trackday organization will host an event and rent the track out. You need to know who the track day orgs. are in your area and go from there. Then ask them what you need to do to get ready, pass inspection, etc.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Also look into sportbiketracktime.com They seem to be a pretty professional bunch that do alot of track days across the country. They have a pretty comprehensive post on what you need to do to your bike and gear requirments. You'll have to double check but I think being in Cherry Point/ Camp Lejeune the only track in that neck of the woods is the drag strip if I remember correctly. So the closest Road Race track to you I think is VIR or Carolina motorsports park. Hope that helps out a bit, and if you're a Marine Semper Fidelis!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
sportbiketracktime.com or NESBA they have all the info on their sites like what you need to do to your bike and dates and time. CMP & VIR are the closest tracks to you.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
im trying to do one at NCbike but just dont know the process of how to get on the track..
Aside from the registration process, they should have a list of requirements for you and for the bike.

Riders are usually required to have leather suit, gauntlet gloves, riding boots and a DOT/Snell approved helmet that is less than 5 years old. Details may vary from one organization to another.

Bikes should have working brakes, tires with enough rubber left, no leaks, working kill-switch, self-closing throttle, no visible brake light, glass taped over, mirrors removed. Safety wiring is usually not required. Whether the coolant needs to be replaced (with a non ethylene glycol) or not varies from place to place.

After you've registered, you just show up. There is a mandatory riders' meeting and safety inspection in the morning, and after that it's just riding sessions...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also look into sportbiketracktime.com They seem to be a pretty professional bunch that do alot of track days across the country. They have a pretty comprehensive post on what you need to do to your bike and gear requirments. You'll have to double check but I think being in Cherry Point/ Camp Lejeune the only track in that neck of the woods is the drag strip if I remember correctly. So the closest Road Race track to you I think is VIR or Carolina motorsports park. Hope that helps out a bit, and if you're a Marine Semper Fidelis!!
Yessir...semper fi all day..

everyone else thanks a lot for the information. Im trying to go to NCBIKE on August 11th, im in the process of a military registration and it includes the ART level 1 and when you complete the course you're awarded the silver package.
- i dont know if anyone would know this if any of you are in the military but the main question is doctors name and number..well im in the military its not like i have a set doctor or number..anyone else run in to this or know what i should write..thank you..and you recommend showing up as soon as the gate opens? ha..thanks again looking foward to this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also..the package i do..like the silver package..how long is that good for..is it just the one time fee for a year or something?? Then you have to pay a track entry every time you go to the track?..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts