Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a trackday at JGP at the end of the Month. May 30th and 31st (Sat/Sun) with Southern Track Days.

As some of you know, I run a program for the Florida Department of Transportation aimed at getting people off the street and get them to try out trackdays. It's aimed at reducing motorcycle related deaths.

Requirements to participate in the program:
Must be your first time attempting a trackday.
Must be a Florida resident.
Must have your own motorcycle and be able to get it and yourself to the track.
Must have your own gear or be able to rent/obtain your own gear.

What you get as part of the program:
You show up with your bike and we prep it onsite, you don't have to worry about anything. Just bring a good functioning motorcycle, no leaking fluids and tires with 50% or more life left.
We walk you through the tech inspection and registration.
We participate in your classroom session and you get a private instruction for you for the during of the day.
You get the day for $100.00 off the full price (in this case you pay about $65 for the day).
You coach pits with you to assist you throughout the day and rides with you in your group to work with you.

There are 6 spaces today, 3 per day, if you attend the Sunday as part of the program, you cannot have ridden Saturday as then you wouldn't be "new" anymore... Sorry! lol

Spots are first come first serve. And names are checked against track and organizers registry to make sure you haven't attended a trackday before.

If there is any interest, let me know.

This trackday is open to anyone, but the program and associated discounted rate is only for first timers.

(please note, I am not selling anything, but rather DOT is paying for a portion of your entry fee)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really no preference but I'll go with Saturday
Ok, noted. DOT may have some people coming too. If so, they may TAKE Saturday... lol So you being open to either day is good.

The down side for doing Sunday is that you can't do Saturday... (or you wouldn't be new anymore) but if you do Saturday, you then could do Sunday...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ok, noted. DOT may have some people coming too. If so, they may TAKE Saturday... lol So you being open to either day is good.

The down side for doing Sunday is that you can't do Saturday... (or you wouldn't be new anymore) but if you do Saturday, you then could do Sunday...
So if I were to sign up for Saturday I'd be able to do sunday at regular cost or the $100 off cost too? or is it included with the first day?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok tu250x is very similar to a honda rebel power. Just more retro looking
Hmmm... The body position portion might not be very helpful for her... But lines and controls will still all be good to learn...

Wouldn't be the best bike to do a trackday on, but I wouldn't against it.

Hell I've had guys come out on a Yamaha Virago and a Sportster! lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
I guess my reservation is the tu250x is not even a sportbike. It is a retro looking cruiser style. The 600 I have is too much for her right now. I just want her to get some on track skills with outside coaching.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if I were to sign up for Saturday I'd be able to do sunday at regular cost or the $100 off cost too? or is it included with the first day?
If you did Saturday with me, you could register and do Sunday too, but you would have to pay full price.

The question is whether or not the organizer would let you pay the difference between the 1 day and the 2 day cost, or make you pay the full 1 day price... That would be up to him.

Naturally the 1 day cost is higher than if you signed up for both days.

You can reach out to him, his name is Gary.

https://www.facebook.com/southerntrack.days?fref=ts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that has been wanting to do a track day. The price is fantastic. Its chance to learn tons. A chance to do that track day you have been thinking about. A chance to be a safer, better, faster rider in just a few hours time. Dont be the guy that always says "Yeah, Im gonna do track soon." DO IT! You WILL NOT regret it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
If you did Saturday with me, you could register and do Sunday too, but you would have to pay full price.

The question is whether or not the organizer would let you pay the difference between the 1 day and the 2 day cost, or make you pay the full 1 day price... That would be up to him.

Naturally the 1 day cost is higher than if you signed up for both days.

You can reach out to him, his name is Gary.

https://www.facebook.com/southerntrack.days?fref=ts
I may reach out to him but honestly I'm stoked at just being able to do the one day and the fact they give you $100 bucks off. Pretty sweet deal and it'll be my first time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that has been wanting to do a track day. The price is fantastic. Its chance to learn tons. A chance to do that track day you have been thinking about. A chance to be a safer, better, faster rider in just a few hours time. Dont be the guy that always says "Yeah, Im gonna do track soon." DO IT! You WILL NOT regret it.
Couldn't agree more!

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
I may reach out to him but honestly I'm stoked at just being able to do the one day and the fact they give you $100 bucks off. Pretty sweet deal and it'll be my first time :thumbsup:
No problem, you could always decide there too, if there is still spot available...

If you would, please PM me your first and last name, again... Thank you!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any new people?!?

Realpsi, what about your girl? Have you considered it?

Have you thought about having her just ride the 600? I would throw a little longer gearing on it... lol

But we will be going REALLY slow. And Sunday has 2 other women riding that day. So it would be 3 women riding together.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So you got me down on Saturday? Just checking, it's getting a lil closer and my dad's coming back in town so I just wanna see if I'm gonna be able to use his truck or doing a Uhaul rental.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
So you got me down on Saturday? Just checking, it's getting a lil closer and my dad's coming back in town so I just wanna see if I'm gonna be able to use his truck or doing a Uhaul rental.
Get ready for your new addiction!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts