Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that is a cool looking track bike, and that is a really good price. have fun man

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^I agree but it looks to be a older r1 and I bet it had some miles...I don't know, saw one on craig's list going for $4000 with 25xxx miles on her looking just like this...

EITHER WAY SICK BIKE AND CHEAP TOO....GO TRACKER....

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Forgive my ignorance...what year is it? It looks VERY nice. I would have picked it up for that price. :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
That thing is clean! With Brembo and Leo Vince, looks like different discs and rear sets as well. Nice find, I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That was the Magazine build bike correct? Someone posted the article recently.

·
Registered
242 Posts
thats a sick bike man

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it was the SuperStreetbike project R1: 2002 R1 owned by an employee of the mag. Employee wrecked it and they turned it into a project to illustrate the potential of buying upgrades vs OEM parts to get it back into running order. Of course, they've thrown $$ into it. I like the newer forks with radial caliper set up especially, and the Leo Vince, believe it or not, while full-system, has a 10R can! Notable exhaust tone, but far from obnoxious.

The best part though, is the front brake set-up. I can't believe the difference Brembo/Galfer rotors make in comparison to OEM '05 10R brakes. I never experienced true 1-finger braking power before (although I'm far more comfortable with 2 finger usage).

I would be the 3rd owner of this bike, having bought it from a local forum member in Orange County area, California. I think the dash set-up, while OEM, is a replacement and doesn't reflect the true mileage. But, nevertheless, my seat-of-the-pants estimate is that the mileage might be somewhat low as the bike runs very strongly and doesn't show any leakage from any gasket (after several days of .. ahem... street testing!)

I had thought about parting out some of the extra bits that weren't essential, in order to off-set the cost of purchase, like the Sato rearsets, GPR steering damper, etc. But now I'm actually debating on whether or not I should just sell my Gen 1 Kawi.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words.. Think I might go for another spin since the boys are busy in school.. "Now where is my Dept ID, in case I get stopped again?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great Score Dude !

Really a very nice & clean track-bike & the 02 R-1's actually handle quite good

IMO you did well on this !

Congrats hope to see ya at some track days soon:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great Score Dude !

...Congrats hope to see ya at some track days soon:thumbsup:
When the new year approaches, I'm hoping you track jocks will give me the skinny since I'm relatively inexperienced with tracking a motorcycle!

Thanks in advance!

:badteeth:

·
Registered
265 Posts
man if your new to the track, congratulations... you are so lucky to have that bike. not just because one of us didnt grab it for 4.5 but because its an excellent 1000 on the track. srsly. great power on top but without the bull and headache of the torque down low. really excellent grab, glad another .netter got it

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Very nice! The '02-03 R1 was one of my fav years for the R1!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
looks nice vic! got some trick goodies there too i see. pipe, damper, satos, wheels(look like PM?), brembos, galfers w/kevlar lines?, race tech/shock and internals in the forks? keep us updated on the outcome. i think it was a good deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts