Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes a long story sorry but I want to give as much info avoiding a lot of questions later...

I wrecked my zx10r a year ago on the street and made it a trackbike.
This month I FINALLY did my first riding/trackdays.

The first one was wet and had no issues with the bike.
The second dry day I had a problem in 3th/4th gear at full throttle sometimes it happened after 10 minutes sometimes only after 15/16 minutes never in the first laps.
It does not do it in 1/2th because I dont go full throttle I guess lol and 5/6 I dont use on small track.

It does not feel like a traction control problem because its very abrupt almos like a qs cutting letting go cutting again all in a very short time the bike shakes hard doing this.
The bike has a lot of mods so its difficult to find the source of the problem.

The quickshifter is not working because I changed my shift pattern and waiting for a hm quickshifter that will not arrive after 7 weeks annoying as hell said delivery time 2 weeks.

I also trryed disconnecting the shifter completely but when entering the track I already felt the bike was unrideable throttle no throttle had to coast almost an entire lap to return to the pits.

After I delivered my bike to a mechanic who checked the ecu and did a testdrive checked a lott of stuff but did not find anything wrong with it.

I am prettye sure the problem will still be there but doent know where to look anymore anyone had similar problems I have a video of the last session where the bike does it every lap on start finish

And the bike climbing in revs in upshift is normal its just me clutching and not turning the throttle back far enough lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The problem was a repair inside the fueltank that started rusting and blocked the fuelpump maybe usefull for someone else later....
Now bike runs great and I have A hm blipper/shifter

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,042 Posts
Well, I'll say that the problem definitely sounds fuel related. Not sure hot you repaired the tank, but that's my first suspect on the issue. It seems to be starving for gas. Either the fuel pump is intermittently, the injectors are blocked up, or the fuel supply lines have something going on.

TC related? Doubt it. But there's an easy way to see if it's intervening. There's an indication on the dash of the TC kicking in. The bars show up and shows you that it's actively trying to manage everything. And of course tou can bypass that whole system by turning it OFF. You should run a few laps with it OFF to verify that it's not related to the TC. The QS will cut ignition for a 10s of milliseconds. You'd have major issues going to if that was screwed up, I don't think it has anything to with the QS.

But if you were in the tank and used some "coating" on the inside to seal it after you did the rust removal, you would need to make sure it cured properly. If you have anything getting into the fuel pump, or the fuel pump filter, you're screwed and this would be the result. Also not sure if the TBs were damaged at all in the wreck. If the secondary throttle plate drive motor was damaged, they could be flipping out. If they are closing and reopening on their own, then you might see something like this. I'd expect an FI warning if there's a disagreement on them. It all seems to be fuel related. Time to do a fuel pressure check on it under the right conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts