Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking towards my 1st track day but I have no idea of what to espect for since I been reading this forum but it looks that mostly everybody have tire warmers, what would be the things that I need at least the basics thanks.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i dont use tire warmers. i just take it easy for a min of 2 laps. also if its a track without a garage, i rotate my bike around every 5 minutes to let the sun hit both sides.

you'll be fine. id say less than half the people at track days have/use warmers.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
water and fruit.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:+1:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
where can i buy tire coolers?:lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, I'd agree with others who say no need for warmers. I'm not sure where you live, but If you live in Nevada, Cali, or AZ, you definitely don't need warmers this time of year...By the 2nd or 3rd lap they should be good to go (especially if they are a softer tire like the PP or Qualifier). Drink lots of water and bring some granola bars for energy :wink:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Water and lots of it like said before and PACE yourself as its not a race you will be hooked and loving it like we all do. Also check tires and run track recomended PSI and Dont think you are going to crash like my bro did and thats what he did at the end of the day at LAGUNA. Have fun and you will be signing up for your next trackday the moment you get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts