Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have issues with fuel delivery on track? This is an issue I noticed this year and may not even be related to fuel delivery.

At what fuel level(if any) do you start noticing delivery issues? AT Vir between 4 and leading to 7 I started to notice a slight stumble. Heading onto the front straight I noticed a slight brief stumble.

Yesterday at NCBike while at max lean the bike stumbled quite a bit really unsettling the bike.

The bike runs strong and does not feel down in power. I haven't noticed it with the bike straight up and down. Seems like it happens at lean or lifting the bike going to full throttle.

I will change plugs just because it is easy and relatively inexpensive.
check coil connections and seated properly
check sensor connections (kickstand, tipover)
Woolich qs(this works everywhere with no problems, maybe it is intermittent?)

Might be bad gas, but strange it seems to only happen in a potential fuel starve situation.

·
Registered
578 Posts
check your traction control settings, might be too intrusive. could also be fuel cut off on deceleration (needs flashed to be deactivated). the fuel cut acts like a hesitation, when throttle position is changed down, up, down, up. also check the internal fuel filter and pump. race fuel left in the tank, or pump fuel with ethanol will clog the system. Ski

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think about traction control. I had it on 2. I don't remember it being intrusive enough to cut spark. I thought it just retarded timing. Leaned over and the bike missing or hesitating is not a good thing.

I do remember on TC2 with my ZX6 it did hesitate like that, but it did it straight up and down trying to accelerate.

When I get back I will go through the fuel system and plugs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
make sure your fuel pickup filter is not clogged. Also make sure your fuel line is not kinked (once kinked its very hard to unkink and they're easy to kink).

Also are you sure you weren't at or near the reserve level? I know here at tracks like sonoma once your fuel light comes on you will be spitting and sputtering around the track.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I did think about traction control. I had it on 2. I don't remember it being intrusive enough to cut spark. I thought it just retarded timing. Leaned over and the bike missing or hesitating is not a good thing.

I do remember on TC2 with my ZX6 it did hesitate like that, but it did it straight up and down trying to accelerate.

When I get back I will go through the fuel system and plugs.
Sounds like the traction control. When you use it to bring a wheelie you can see how intrusive it can be. It's definitely enough to feel like a misfire.

The ZX6R TC is very sensitive. I watched it kick in going straight at wot and the front wasn't even close to coming up. It made me wonder if it even reads wheel speed or just kicks it on at wot.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the problem. Tank vent hose was pinched and now I have an imploded worthless tank. The bottom is creased and pulled. The sides had started to collapse as well. Crazy!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found the problem. Tank vent hose was pinched and now I have an imploded worthless tank. The bottom is creased and pulled. The sides had started to collapse as well. Crazy!
Damn, got here too late! I was going to say check the hoses! I had the same issue on my Gen3. I had both a pinched Vent and in separate case, pinched fuel line after I had picked up the tank checking for a wiring issue. Fits your description of issues.

I do have a black tank in my garage off my 2013 that I had a crash in 2016. There's a small dent on side above tank grip but no puncture. Was going to use as rain tank but now not really needed, let me know if interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts