Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check this link out...

http://www.superstreetbike.com/howtos/0811_sbkp_2002_yamaha_r1

I've got a local friend who's selling this for about $4500. It was a crashed R1 that was rebuilt w/ track riding in mind.. check the list of mods.. not too shabby, huh? For those of you with track exerience, is this bike worth purchasing? For now, I'll keep my 10R, but perhaps later in the summer I may sell it to offset this immediate purchase.

Anyone have experience with R1's? Any buyer beware concerns for these Yams? I like the valve adjust interval of 26k miles.. and of course it's fuel injected. Has the PCIII and quickshifter too... etc etc etc.

Don't hate me because I'm straying from the flock, yo... ! Let me know your opinions, my fellow nutcases...

:badteeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you have the $$$ then jump on it.........from the article that appears to be a nicely set-up track bike.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Put it this way: If you wanted to put that package together yourself rather than buying it already built, you could not do it for that price ... not even close.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Put it this way: If you wanted to put that package together yourself rather than buying it already built, you could not do it for that price ... not even close.
:+1: all you'de need to do is paint it green:mrgreen:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thats a No brainer. If it was local, I WOULD BUY IT. Are those Brembo cailpers?

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts