Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of my video's and a couple pics of my last track day at PBIR in Palm Beach, FL on 4-22-12..:mrgreen:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
tampa, you gonna be there May 20th? Busa I know your already out, got your nikes shipped off aleady?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tampa, you gonna be there May 20th? Busa I know your already out, got your nikes shipped off aleady?
Leaving Sunday the 13th with the bikes and heading to NJMP on the 15th-16th for track days there. I'm flying back on the 18th so I'll be at the track on the 20th, but no ride..

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
Leaving Sunday the 13th with the bikes and heading to NJMP on the 15th-16th for track days there. I'm flying back on the 18th so I'll be at the track on the 20th, but no ride..
Hows about giving me some advice then on how to get my corner speed up? Did you set up your own suspension geometry?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm surprised how big you are that you have hardly any Preload. Looks like a fun track

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hows about giving me some advice then on how to get my corner speed up? Did you set up your own suspension geometry?
Best thing I could say is you really shold get someone to set it up for you. There is usually someone at the track t do it for around $50. it's at least a good place to start and they will work with you all day. Also drop your tire pressure, you can ask the guy what he recommends for your tires and your size. The rest is how comfortable you are entering the corners and your line.

I'm surprised how big you are that you have hardly any Preload. Looks like a fun track
My front suspension was work over by GMD in Atlanta and was setup by the track guru at Team Promotion at NJMP.

Larger springs(for my 245lbs) and gold valving was all that was done to the front and it's still stock for now in the rear. At this setup and under heavy breaking I have about 3/8 inch travel left in the front.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
Best thing I could say is you really shold get someone to set it up for you. There is usually someone at the track t do it for around $50. it's at least a good place to start and they will work with you all day. Also drop your tire pressure, you can ask the guy what he recommends for your tires and your size. The rest is how comfortable you are entering the corners and your line.

My front suspension was work over by GMD in Atlanta and was setup by the track guru at Team Promotion at NJMP.

Larger springs(for my 245lbs) and gold valving was all that was done to the front and it's still stock for now in the rear. At this setup and under heavy breaking I have about 3/8 inch travel left in the front.
I think Eric from GMD is gonna be at PBIR on the 20th. I spoke to him last week about just a couple of small upgrades. Im gonna need fork seals soon so I thought I might have the forks re sprung and have him help me dial the old girl in a bit.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Eric from GMD is gonna be at PBIR on the 20th. I spoke to him last week about just a couple of small upgrades. Im gonna need fork seals soon so I thought I might have the forks re sprung and have him help me dial the old girl in a bit.
Yeah, he should be there.. I know he does a lot of suspension work. I used him once to redo the front end on my Busa after 32k and 7k later they started to leak again. Thats less than 9 months later for me. Don't know what the issue was, but I bought all the equipment to do them myself now.. I should be at the track on the 20th. See you there!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PBIR is fun, but you wear out the right side much faster. Homestead is a bit slippery(drift the corners a lot), but a good track. I wanted to do Jennings, but will have to wait till I get back in Nov. NJMP Thunderbolt is great, Lightning is fast.

·
Registered
443 Posts
PBIR is fun, but you wear out the right side much faster. Homestead is a bit slippery(drift the corners a lot), but a good track. I wanted to do Jennings, but will have to wait till I get back in Nov. NJMP Thunderbolt is great, Lightning is fast.
Busa, I've never met you but seen you post before and seen ur bike at track days in the past. It looks like you are getting faster and better form from the first set of pics you posted months ago! Great Job!

In regards to your statment about homestead's track grip...it is definitely not as grippy as pbir but has an ample amount of grip! I used to have the same opinion as you, but a guy faster than me said not to even worry about it or the concrete patches. What I found is you have to get the tires really hot to get good grip.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
Busa, I've never met you but seen you post before and seen ur bike at track days in the past. It looks like you are getting faster and better form from the first set of pics you posted months ago! Great Job!

In regards to your statment about homestead's track grip...it is definitely not as grippy as pbir but has an ample amount of grip! I used to have the same opinion as you, but a guy faster than me said not to even worry about it or the concrete patches. What I found is you have to get the tires really hot to get good grip.
Rob you gonna be there on the 20th?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Rob you gonna be there on the 20th?
I'm into racing now and don't have time or money to do track days and race unfortunitely. Chris came out this last weekend to Homestead to help me in the pits...It was awesome! I'll Be racing PBIR the 27th and 28th of this month

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
I'm into racing now and don't have time or money to do track days and race unfortunitely. Chris came out this last weekend to Homestead to help me in the pits...It was awesome! I'll Be racing PBIR the 27th and 28th of this month
:thumbsup: Awesome man! I hope your doing well and the racing is going great for you too. Enjoy that, your livin the dream Bro.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts