Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a cool vid from my track day at brands hatch uk.
I think it really shows the zx10r strengths and weaknesses.
Im able to enter the corners really hot but struggle with corner exit speed due to lack of grunt and electronics being a 2014 model.
Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/WNp2KA0W5ig

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Is it the upper fairing moving around or have you got a head shake going on, I'm also out and watching that on my phone, but is that head shake?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
If he's on the OEM ESD there's def a bit of head shake. I think the deflection on the nose fairing over-exaggerates it though. Can I guess you're on an OEM shock OP?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it the upper fairing moving around or have you got a head shake going on, I'm also out and watching that on my phone, but is that head shake?
Thats the fairing flapping around. Gen5s fairings are flmsy as hell. Ive got lightweight screen on it which ads to the flex.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he's on the OEM ESD there's def a bit of head shake. I think the deflection on the nose fairing over-exaggerates it though. Can I guess you're on an OEM shock OP?
Uprated damper. Virtually no wobbles.
Mupo shock with 115 spring which has transformed the bike and tyre wear is now fantastic

·
Registered
361 Posts
Quite a cool vid from my track day at brands hatch uk.
I think it really shows the zx10r strengths and weaknesses.
Im able to enter the corners really hot but struggle with corner exit speed due to lack of grunt and electronics being a 2014 model.
Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/WNp2KA0W5ig
You say a 2014 model but isn't that a gen 5? Also, that track looks perfect for the ZX! Fast sweeping corners and your rpms never drop below 7K. You still feel your lacking low end on a track like that?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You say a 2014 model but isn't that a gen 5? Also, that track looks perfect for the ZX! Fast sweeping corners and your rpms never drop below 7K. You still feel your lacking low end on a track like that?
I'm pretty sure he has a G4 with G5 plastics and G5 swingarm. Kinda like a frankenstein bike, mix of G4 and G5 lol

Right?

Kinda un-related question but, Doesn't the 5th Gen supposedly have a lil more mid range grunt than the G4's?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't see a whole lot to complain about. You are outclassing most( if not all) of the other riders. The bike looks to be working fine. Maybe it just feels a bit unstable. When you really put down HOT LAPS, this is the way it is until you get to the next level in your riding to gain better understanding and skill. Good riding Mate. We would have much fun riding together.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a 2015 with 2016 fairings.
That track is not too bad for a zx10r.
I only lost time out of the tight turn2.
Also onto back straight turn3 and a bit out of left hand turn coming back into the stadium section.
It may look like im doing good but compared to bikes like bmw and the r1 i was trying to keep with that day i was getting stretched out on those corners.
Elsewhere it was very fast and my times were good.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know why i do and dont blip.
I cant explain it as it just happens natrually.
According to quite alot of racers ive spoken to i enter corners faster than many of their competitors. Its just all the rest im no good at lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
UKZX10R <> Thank you for posting that as I have been watching it nonstop all day & night. Such an enjoyable 10 minutes of viewing pleasure!:eek:ccasion1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts