Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It depends on where you are in your pace. I ran PP3 when I started. Then went with Pirelli Supercorsa DOT race tires and I absolutely loved the feel, grip, feedback... etc. I started running A group and a mod here who i respect told me why waste precious rubber so I ran Superbike Slicks 200/60 and I am a believer.. Never looking back. Expensive.. yes. But wtf is a $380 compared to thousands in repairs from a nasty get off.

Bare in mind that you definitely don't want to be running slicks (superbike slicks) if your pace isn't fast enough to keep them warm. BUT you can run the superbike PRO slicks which don't require warmers, last forever, and still be better option than just street tires.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I like Michelin Power Cup, Power Slick, and Power Rain. Will be running Pirelli Superbike and Supercorsa SC1/SC2s this weekend. I also like the Dunlop KR448/449 slicks. That's for A group and racing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you are not in A group, run Q3+. A slick would be a waste if you are not fast enough. Plus warmers are more work if not necessary. I have run mid A group with Q3's. They are a solid tire.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
dude you bumped a 4 year old thread where the thread starter has one post and then quit the forum. fucking hell man.

talk to your local track day tire provider about traction control and your suspension settings

turn the damn tc off anyway and ride the bike how it was meant to and not in nanny mode, learn how to use your right wrist instead of relying on a computer

·
Registered
43 Posts
dude you bumped a 4 year old thread where the thread starter has one post and then quit the forum. fucking hell man.

talk to your local track day tire provider about traction control and your suspension settings

turn the damn tc off anyway and ride the bike how it was meant to and not in nanny mode, learn how to use your right wrist instead of relying on a computer

If i want to start a 10 year old thread i will do so as i please no one is forcing you to answer. This is why forums are for to ask people who have the same bike shit like this not my local track tire provider who may not know about the bike.
And if i want to use a computer instead of my wrist that should not be your problem... NEXT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts