Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, my first track day is coming up in about a month. I need to decide what kind of tires to go with. This will be my only track day this year so I would like something that I can also get a few road miles out of. Right now I'm running PP's, should I just stick with those? Recommendations appreciated.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
dude!

Buy my Pirelli Super Corsas!

They'll work great on the track, I promise!

:mrgreen:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Pilot Powers are great for street/track use. I would stick with them since you are only doing one trackday and as long as they still have good thread yet. I used them for a few trackdays and they were great and a good tire for both duties. I run power race now and love them but the pp's are good track tires for people new at the track IMHO.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
oh, and I will bet money, not really, that everyone says get the PPs on here and thats what you end up buying. :1848:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hillcountry10r said:
oh, and I will bet money, not really, that everyone says get the PPs on here and thats what you end up buying. :1848:

That would depend on how much you want to bet :badteeth:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
KT

Don't bother with the added expense for somethin different yada, yada just use the PP for now and if in the future you see yoself hittin the track more then pursue something more track only oriented. I haven't used PP's yet but perhaps soon as my Diablo Corsas are gettin thin after my last trackday. The DC's have been my tire of choice for street/trackday work and i've not been disappointed to date.

BD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts