Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have Power Pures on my bike, and i have a track day comming up in about a week. has anyone ridden track with these? Should i spend some cash and get some take offs? I dont really ride super fast at the track, but i dont want the oh SHIT feeling either. Any input would help.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You are on a zx-10 any tire will give you the Oh Sh*t feeling if you get up in her guts a little to much. :lol:

I would say you are perfectly fine running those. Just give any street tire a lap to warm up, and keep an eye on your pressure through out the day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are on a zx-10 any tire will give you the Oh Sh*t feeling if you get up in her guts a little to much. :lol:

I would say you are perfectly fine running those. Just give any street tire a lap to warm up, and keep an eye on your pressure through out the day. :thumbsup:
Ya thats a good point. These tires feel great on the street, i also have a set of Pirelli Supercorsas that i was going to throw on but they have a few miles on em.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You can run fast laps on a street/track tire, but you can run faster laps on a track tire.

Supercorsas are great when they are good. Worn supercorsas are not very good at all.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Piece of advice if you runs the pures, don't listen to any key at the track about tire pressure. It's a completely different tire being 3 plys as to 5. The air pressure is structural . I tired 32/32 in the rain and that seemed to be ok. Was a decent amount of feel, but conditions were terrible and I was barely using brakes, as everything felt uneasy.

When it comes to feel though I find them pretty good if you're sliding. Just remember if your sliding out stand the bike up, I didn't do that.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Judging by how soft these Pures are, they seem biased toward track use more than just street use. On the street, you'll wear them out quickly. For track use you should be set. I think Michelin's Power Ones and slicks are the only tires more suited to track use and they are pricey!

You should be happy I think..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts