Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
We are starting to get some beautiful weather here for track day high of like 80 Sunday. If your in Az come out and join us it will be awesome. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76I-8V7kLB0&list=UUn3EHADQjAE3JEj2IHPEnxg&index=62
Going to be a gorgeous day!

Got Cardinals tickets for 11/9 and 12/07 so won't be able
to get to the next 2 Xcel trackdays. Somethings wrong with
my scheduling!

Although I'm thinking about Chuckawalla on 11/29

Have fun it will be a great day.

Heading out to the International Motorcycle Show
in Scottsdale this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to be a gorgeous day!

Got Cardinals tickets for 11/9 and 12/07 so won't be able
to get to the next 2 Xcel trackdays. Somethings wrong with
my scheduling!

Although I'm thinking about Chuckawalla on 11/29

Have fun it will be a great day.

Heading out to the International Motorcycle Show
in Scottsdale this afternoon.
Go Card's. Thanks it should be a nice day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Feeling rather excited. i booked a "race school" day at Red star raceway here in south africa on the 30th of November. This is the second time im doing a track school but this time is allot different. On a previous occasion we were about 60 bikes split up in groups and had 1 instructor for every 5-8 bikes on track. What makes this difficult is that there are a bunch of people in the same group with different abilities going around and the instructor needs to then find you out of the 5 other groups on the track at the same time. Needless to say the attention and training wasn’t near as much as i wanted or expected. None the less the last time out was at Phakisa freeway where a few MotoGP races have been held in the past. I had huge fun on my own with the ZX9 and kept on improving every time I went out.

On the 30th a friend and I will be at Red star and we have Sheridan Morais as our instructor/coach. Also we have the track for the day and for the 3 of us only. No other people to worry about. 3x ZX10s tearing up the track and getting tips from a multiple South African national superbike champ and a current contender in SBK.

What makes this even better is that we have the track for the day and Sheridan for only R1250 (+- $113).

Looking forward to this one!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
current contender in SBK.

Not trying to be mean but contender.... Hardly..... He hasn't even contended for a top 5 in EVO, he is a place filler in the championship. I bought an RSV4 that had its suspension supposedly set up by Sheridan and it handled like poop. And how is he training you if he missed the last SBK race due to injury?

All I am trying to get at is don't take everything that chap says to heart :heyyou:

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK he is competing/ racing/ participating in SBK.

The point is we are going to a track day with him. A buddy/acquaintance of mine raced in a 24 hour event in Dubai with ex F1 driver Karun Chandhok. It doesnt matter if Kuran never got anywhere in F1 but the cool factor of racing with a team mate that used to be at the pinnacle of motorsport... Priceless.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
11-29 & 11-30 @ Buttonwillow raceway.. garage # 2 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Feeling rather excited. i booked a "race school" day at Red star raceway here in south africa on the 30th of November. This is the second time im doing a track school but this time is allot different. On a previous occasion we were about 60 bikes split up in groups and had 1 instructor for every 5-8 bikes on track. What makes this difficult is that there are a bunch of people in the same group with different abilities going around and the instructor needs to then find you out of the 5 other groups on the track at the same time. Needless to say the attention and training wasn’t near as much as i wanted or expected. None the less the last time out was at Phakisa freeway where a few MotoGP races have been held in the past. I had huge fun on my own with the ZX9 and kept on improving every time I went out.

On the 30th a friend and I will be at Red star and we have Sheridan Morais as our instructor/coach. Also we have the track for the day and for the 3 of us only. No other people to worry about. 3x ZX10s tearing up the track and getting tips from a multiple South African national superbike champ and a current contender in SBK.

What makes this even better is that we have the track for the day and Sheridan for only R1250 (+- $113).

Dang that's a sweet looking track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts