Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
Nice pics!

Great looking bike too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Great pics. Just wondering... why no knee on the ground? You did say that your ZX10R railed on smooth pavement. Why won't it lean over any farther than that? Is that one of the fastest corners, or a slower one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoshaviejo said:
Great pics. Just wondering... why no knee on the ground? You did say that your ZX10R railed on smooth pavement. Why won't it lean over any farther than that? Is that one of the fastest corners, or a slower one?
The photos are from both higher speed and lower speed corners. I just don't move as much as I should on the bike. I continually strive to be more athletic on the bike. I am dragging my toes but not my knees. Having said that, I do out corner several of the bikes in my run group and all of those guys are dragging their knees. It just isn't my style.... Yet. Shoot, before I got the ZX10, I wouldn't even buy photos from the track days. The photographers only took pictures of me that looked like I was out riding around looking for a parking space at the Wal-Mart. I keep trying to learn from those guys with the white number plates. Maybe some day it will sink in.
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
zeta xray said:
Yoshaviejo said:
Great pics. Just wondering... why no knee on the ground? You did say that your ZX10R railed on smooth pavement. Why won't it lean over any farther than that? Is that one of the fastest corners, or a slower one?
The photos are from both higher speed and lower speed corners. I just don't move as much as I should on the bike. I continually strive to be more athletic on the bike. I am dragging my toes but not my knees. Having said that, I do out corner several of the bikes in my run group and all of those guys are dragging their knees. It just isn't my style.... Yet. Shoot, before I got the ZX10, I wouldn't even buy photos from the track days. The photographers only took pictures of me that looked like I was out riding around looking for a parking space at the Wal-Mart. I keep trying to learn from those guys with the white number plates. Maybe some day it will sink in.
keep at it. remember, some of us (me) are just starting and hope to get to your level (I only have one track day to mention). It's all about perspective and loving the growth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that you mention it, it does look like that. Cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
about dragging your knee in pics... it does seem like the pictures the photographers always take are when you're just entering or exiting the turn. Yesterday I looked at about 200 thumbnails from previous trackdays at TWS and I don't think I saw one knee touching the ground. I'm just hoping that the photographer from this past weekend at TMS got one of me with my knee down... he's not the usual guy, and we're still waiting for the pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I never put my knee down on my bikes on track day. Then I rode a friend's GXR750 racebike at Learning Curves school. I think the confidence in the bike/fear of crashing beautiful bike factor is what prevented me from touching down. Once you do hang off and touch down the first couple times, it actually feels quite comforting that you "know" where you're at. I know that my 04 10R is at least as capable a racebike as the GXR, so I will be leaning it way over when I get it out there. The leaning is not what gets you, it's the acceleration and braking while leaning :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
I never touched my knee down on the 10R until I saw some pictures of myself in turns and realized my body position was all wrong. Now that I'm getting off the bike more it's not too hard to scrape... even with stock tires, which surprised me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Zeta

Zeta,
Where can you look through track day photos? I looked at the Ridesmart site and couldn't find your pics there or at the TWS site.


Bollert,
Looks like we won't be THE Ivan Zombies over here like at the ZRXOA :)
2000Rex over there BTW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Zeta

02Silver said:
Zeta,
Where can you look through track day photos? I looked at the Ridesmart site and couldn't find your pics there or at the TWS site.
I don't think there was a photographer at Ridesmart. Those are from the Lone Star Track days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Zeta

02Silver said:
Zeta,
Where can you look through track day photos? I looked at the Ridesmart site and couldn't find your pics there or at the TWS site.
I don't think there was a photographer at Ridesmart. Those are from the Lone Star Track days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
You'd prolly lean better/drag knee if ya got rid O the swingarm stickers :lol:

I like the 2-up shot too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
D said:
You'd prolly lean better/drag knee if ya got rid O the swingarm stickers :lol:

Yah! and that dead bug on you left shoulder is slowin ya down too! :lol:

Dude! You really studied that pic or what? Very observant! :lol: You a crime scene investagator? :p

I like the 2-up shot too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
yeah, RideSmart doesn't exactly have a regular photographer. I finally got to see some pics from last Sunday at TMS. An amature took them, so I was only able to find one decent shot of me, and the guy wants $15 for it. Yeah right. Anyway... here's the thumbnail......
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top