Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Gents,

I have a track day coming up this weekend, It will be my first on my gen 4 and with RS10 tires. I'll be headed to Willow Springs in Socal should be a pretty hot day...100+! With the bridgestone RS10's what are your recommended tire pressures? Greatly appreciate all information!

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Good Morning Gents,

I have a track day coming up this weekend, It will be my first on my gen 4 and with RS10 tires. I'll be headed to Willow Springs in Socal should be a pretty hot day...100+! With the bridgestone RS10's what are your recommended tire pressures? Greatly appreciate all information!
They usually have a tire guy there. Get his and the coaches opinion on tire pressure. I run dunlop Q3s and was told 30 front and 28 cold and it felt great. I run fast intermediate/slow advanced

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
They usually have a tire guy there. Get his and the coaches opinion on tire pressure. I run dunlop Q3s and was told 30 front and 28 cold and it felt great. I run fast intermediate/slow advanced

I got those numbers to from the Dunlop guy but he said thats hot off the tire warmers. Sounds like it works for cold tires also.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Good Morning Gents,

You are running with Motoyard, no? Greg will let you know what pressures to run. WSIR Main Road Course motorcycle baseline is 32F/30R but depending on temps they may advise differently.

Pretty much the safest and one of the fastest road courses in the country, have fun!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What conditions will I be looking for after each session?
Just telling you what Greg will say; don't worry about it, or you will be chasing the pressure all day long. Set the cold pressure as recommended and from there, don't check pressure, check tire temperature if you want to check anything.

If it were me, and it was and is, I'd set those pressures in the morning after getting 'em from Greg and the only real checking I would do after the day starts would be constant checkups from the neck up. Keep a cool head, don't worry about all the guys with tire warmers and generators and all that stuff, it's not at all needed for a track day.

Drink a lot of water, not soda, not coffee, and soak your leathers and helmet interior between each session. Stay hydrated.

Anyway, you'll learn just like we all did. Find some help and just take yer time and really enjoy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Track day was a great success! Best lap was 1.37 on big willow. Bike performed awesome, was able to get the suspension set for my weight witch made a huge improvement over stock settings. The tires were awesome, very confident feed back. The track had some dirt on turns 2,4,9 due to a thunder storm last week witch made it hard to hit some of the faster lines but the day was an awesome experience! The kawi pulls like a train on that track !!! The struggle is real today due to my body filling like gumby! :p Thank you all for the tips!! There was no photographer this time but I do have a few pit pictures I'll load up sometime this week!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Track day was a great success! Best lap was 1.37 on big willow. Bike performed awesome, was able to get the suspension set for my weight witch made a huge improvement over stock settings. The tires were awesome, very confident feed back. The track had some dirt on turns 2,4,9 due to a thunder storm last week witch made it hard to hit some of the faster lines but the day was an awesome experience! The kawi pulls like a train on that track !!! The struggle is real today due to my body filling like gumby! :p Thank you all for the tips!! There was no photographer this time but I do have a few pit pictures I'll load up sometime this week!
Great, that is an excellent time. Glad to hear those tires worked out and all went well!:wink:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
:+1: :thumbsup:
Feeling like Gumby is an interesting way to put it. Lol.
I know that feeling, got dehydrated Saturday after riding most of the day in the heat. Woke up nauseated in a cold sweat which cleared up in about 10 minutes but felt like Gumby all day Sunday.

Don't want to get behind the curve on that hydration.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Between Gatorade and Water I must of had like 12 bottles throughout the day and never went to the bathroom....The heat was real!

·
Always On Mod
1,839 Posts
Between Gatorade and Water I must of had like 12 bottles throughout the day and never went to the bathroom....The heat was real!
We generally go through at least a gallon per person per day. If you're not peeing, you're not drinking enough.

Also, check out the Nuun tablets, Mio Fit, or my favorite: The Right Stuff. These products have all the minerals and electrolytes without the sugar of sports drinks.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
We generally go through at least a gallon per person per day. If you're not peeing, you're not drinking enough.

Also, check out the Nuun tablets, Mio Fit, or my favorite: The Right Stuff. These products have all the minerals and electrolytes without the sugar of sports drinks.
Good advice. I like Pedia Lite myself. But the hydration thing is key.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts