Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't planning on going but I basically had an offer I couldn't resist so I jumped on it. Originally I had intended for this to be a one time thing because one track day here costs as much as 4 track days at other tracks but now I can't wait to go back. It was worth every penny. The track is perfect. My only regret is not doing both days because the track is so technical you really need one day to learn the track and another to work on going fast.

A video my gf filmed on the front straight.

Pics of my bike prep, the trailer that chauffeured my bike and some track pics of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Simply amazing. The 500 a day was a turn off for me but after watching some gopro footage a few friend took, I think my mind is changed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
looking good! I was also out there for Sat only. Friend had something come up last min so I got the spot for a discount. Was all good until my rear lost 15psi = flat. I was only able to do 3 sessions :/

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Simply amazing. The 500 a day was a turn off for me but after watching some gopro footage a few friend took, I think my mind is changed.
Yeah I was a little hesitant but I was offered a trailer spot and a free hotel stay so I wouldn't be able to do it any cheaper. Be careful though, once you do one you'll want to do more there. I would have done Sunday too but I had already told the girlfriend we would go hang out in Austin :2bitchslap:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking good! I was also out there for Sat only. Friend had something come up last min so I got the spot for a discount. Was all good until my rear lost 15psi = flat. I was only able to do 3 sessions :/

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/ricedoutride/10655287_10152225299976557_2461544376968037447_o_zps5a1b7838.jpg[IMG][/quote]

I think I saw your bike, you were pitted across from the garages kinda near where they had the classrooms?

That sucks about your tire. They did have tire service there. :dontknow:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think I saw your bike, you were pitted across from the garages kinda near where they had the classrooms?

That sucks about your tire. They did have tire service there. :dontknow:
they did - but no patches. had a date for the Drake concert later that night so I called it a day. If you come back out to COTA your more then welcome to stay at my house.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they did - but no patches. had a date for the Drake concert later that night so I called it a day. If you come back out to COTA your more then welcome to stay at my house.
Thanks, I might take you up on that offer. I have to ride COTA at least one more time.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
How many of us does that apply for...? :badteeth:

·
Registered
176 Posts
How many of us does that apply for...? :badteeth:
haha - currently have a 4 bedroom house in North Austin, within a couple months it will be on the market. Will be buying a condo hopefully by the end of the year.

if your heading out this way - let e know!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Wow looks great. My sister lives about 20 minutes from the track. I will definately be doing a track day there next year for sure. Its expensive but looks like its worth it. Did Ride smart sponsor the day.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow looks great. My sister lives about 20 minutes from the track. I will definately be doing a track day there next year for sure. Its expensive but looks like its worth it. Did Ride smart sponsor the day.
Yeah it was Ridesmart. I think they're the only one that does track days for bikes there.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I wasn't planning on going but I basically had an offer I couldn't resist so I jumped on it. Originally I had intended for this to be a one time thing because one track day here costs as much as 4 track days at other tracks but now I can't wait to go back. It was worth every penny. The track is perfect. My only regret is not doing both days because the track is so technical you really need one day to learn the track and another to work on going fast.

A video my gf filmed on the front straight.

Pics of my bike prep, the trailer that chauffeured my bike and some track pics of course.
Nice!!!!

Looks like you could hit 170+ on the back straight...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
That's a nice straight section. Pavement Looks pretty clean too. My guess is that at minimum you would need a 10 MPh tail wind to do 170+

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
^^ you need to start wearing the pants in your house or get a different a wife. Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts