Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
Yikes! Drink plenty of water!

I also suggest dipping your boxers in water and then freezing them the night before in the freezer. Keep them on ice in a cooler when you head to the track. Then about your 3rd session, take them out of the cooler, slip them on under your leathers, and rock out! Your nutsack will stay nice and cold! The shrinkage and liquid as they melt will help you transition side-to-side on the bike quicker! All your friends will be jealous as you will probably shave 3-4 seconds off your lap times. You may want to freeze several pairs at once.

Good luck!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Frosty nuts are quite nice!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Hahaha SkyDork has the best replies. Man that is going to be HOT! Keep a fan on you and keep a fan on the helmet. Bring some hand towels and dip them in the ice water.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
Man that is going to be HOT! Keep a fan on you and keep a fan on the helmet. Bring some hand towels and dip them in the ice water.
Yes, a fan will be key! Having a fan to blow that 108 degree air directly in your face will make it feel cooler than it really is. And I'm sure it will be a "dry" heat since you'll be in Alabama.

:lol: Just kidding dude! That is good actual advice unlike my posts. :ayyy:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
Can you rent an umbrella girl for the day? That shade would be nice while you're waiting on pit road. :wink:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ah, that takes me back to my days living in Phoenix. Seriously though, make sure you bring some gatorade/powerade/etc. in addition to LOTS of water, not just water. At those temps you can end up drinking so much water you can kill yourself.

Personally, I'm happily skipping the races in New Orleans this weekend...even those it's only 99 degrees there.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ah, that takes me back to my days living in Phoenix. Seriously though, make sure you bring some gatorade/powerade/etc. in addition to LOTS of water, not just water. At those temps you can end up drinking so much water you can kill yourself.

Personally, I'm happily skipping the races in New Orleans this weekend...even those it's only 99 degrees there.
Haha. For sure. Phoenix is nuts in the summer. Like sticking your head in an oven.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Im not sure which is worse, a dry heat or humid heat like here in Louisiana. I was cutting my grass sunday and within a 2min my shirt was drenched

·
Registered
581 Posts
Haha. For sure. Phoenix is nuts in the summer. Like sticking your head in an oven.
Yeah, that's always my reply when someone says "But it's a dry heat". So is an oven, doesn't make it pleasant when you're sitting in it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Im not sure which is worse, a dry heat or humid heat like here in Louisiana. I was cutting my grass sunday and within a 2min my shirt was drenched
IMO humid heat is much worse. I travel back and forth to Midland, TX. It can be 105 degrees there with 5% humidity and I'm just fine outside. I can't spend 5 minutes outside in Mississippi with it 95 degrees and 89% humidity, I'm miserable.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
IMO humid heat is much worse. I travel back and forth to Midland, TX. It can be 105 degrees there with 5% humidity and I'm just fine outside. I can't spend 5 minutes outside in Mississippi with it 95 degrees and 89% humidity, I'm miserable.
lol that sounds abt right

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bah. Its only 108 you pantsies! Water breaks and shade would have been nice when it hit 130 in iraq :p

Come to think of it, renting an umbrella girl would have been even better!! And not for the shade

·
Registered
445 Posts
Got a couple of friends going. I did Tally a couple weeks ago and cant afford another this soon especially Barber. I may try to get up to Putnam this fall and down to Barber next spring. If I hit the lottery tonight I might see you down there but I think you have a better chance of it snowing down there this weekend than I got winning. Have fun.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i was in nawlins a few weeks back and went west out to the cane fields to tour a plantation (SigOs doing, not mine)...it was holy hell hot (and made for a motherfocker of a hangover). dont understand why people voluntarily live there. and the chick giving the tours says 'oh honey, this isnt hot...the heat hasnt even started yet'.

ive spent some time at white sands missle range and in the mojave training and its hot hot hot. and after living in the south on and off i can tell you theres a HUGE difference between dry heat and humid heat. 110º in the desert is bearable...90º here is miserable.

i always hydrate like a mofo at the track. if you dont, your mind and body get wonky which, if youre not smart enough to pit in, never ends well. and youre right...when youre sweating your ass off you HAVE TO drink electrolyte replenishing liquids. never drink water when youre sweating like mad unless water is all you have. hydrate or die. last time i was at barber it was in the mid 90s and it was life sucking hot. a thunderstorm popped up just before my second to last session and i secretly thanked the track gods that i didnt even have the choice to run the last two sessions. this should be an experience.

when were you at tally? i was there april 15th. fun little track, but man it wreaks havoc on the left side of your tires. im doing barber with xact. i typically wave off barber because while it is my absolute favorite track, most track day organizers charge a small fortune to ride there. i think last time i rode there stt charged $240ish. xact is running it for $185 and i just couldnt pass up that kind of deal. cant wait to ride atlanta motorsports park when they open...but, of course, theyre opening what promises to be a really sweet track practically in my back yard and its going to be more expensive to ride than barber.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Heat aside, major props to anyone doing a track day at Barber :thumbsup:. I've been riding over 45 years and have never done a track day, but I'm a pretty good rider. Watching those AMA guys ride this past weekend makes my ass pucker big time.....hell of a technical track! I'd probably be grass surfing half the time.:lol:

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heat aside, major props to anyone doing a track day at Barber :thumbsup:. I've been riding over 45 years and have never done a track day, but I'm a pretty good rider. Watching those AMA guys ride this past weekend makes my ass pucker big time.....hell of a technical track! I'd probably be grass surfing half the time.:lol:
ive been riding 39 years...started doing track days a few years ago...i fell in love with motorbiking all over again on the first lap...its better than sex...and i like sex...a LOT. if you ever have the opportunity, do it. and barber is by far the best track ive ever been on.

and i also dumped my 10 in turn 5 :badteeth:. barber is a lot more fun on a smaller bike like my 6r or the SigOs 600rr.

·
Registered
581 Posts
cant wait to ride atlanta motorsports park when they open...but, of course, theyre opening what promises to be a really sweet track practically in my back yard and its going to be more expensive to ride than barber.
I believe it's open now. The problem is that it is not safe to ride a motorcycle there. There are spots where crashes would put you in a wall or have you crossing back across the track...both of which are the common causes for fatalities on the track. I don't know if you'll find an organization willing to run a motorcycle event at that track. It's a real shame.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts