Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I did the kaw32 i very seen alot of info about other springs having too much seat pressure and having to buy springs with the retainers. I asked kent and they said that wouldn't have to change the valve trian at all so I just wanted to ask the people who have currently used those cams. Where did u degree the cams.

I have a ported head gonna do a .45mm gasket and the kaw32 cams and get the ecu tuned. I also have a full akra and k&n but may change the air filter to a sprint filter.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes I did the kaw32 i very seen alot of info about other springs having too much seat pressure and having to buy springs with the retainers. I asked kent and they said that wouldn't have to change the valve trian at all so I just wanted to ask the people who have currently used those cams. Where did u degree the cams.

I have a ported head gonna do a .45mm gasket and the kaw32 cams and get the ecu tuned. I also have a full akra and k&n but may change the air filter to a sprint filter.
Kent numbers are 105-108 but stock pistons dont have enough clearance at the intake so i went with 110-108.
I also have a .45mm head gasket and 0.2mm decked head.

I have 8 heavy duty springs and titanium APE retainers if anyone wants.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
As long as your not increasing the ref limit 200+ above stock the stock springs are the best, if your bumping up over +200 rpm then the best value choice is the G1 & G2 stock intake springs (green) I have used those in several builds upto 14.000 rpm with kent 32, and a machined 08 head with 35's in. All the BSB teams here used that spring successfully in the era. And you don't need any other retainers G3 retainers are very good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As long as your not increasing the ref limit 200+ above stock the stock springs are the best, if your bumping up over +200 rpm then the best value choice is the G1 & G2 stock intake springs (green) I have used those in several builds upto 14.000 rpm with kent 32, and a machined 08 head with 35's in. All the BSB teams here used that spring successfully in the era. And you don't need any other retainers G3 retainers are very good.
Where would you get those intake springs from.

So it's a Gen 2 Bike. Has a gen 2 motor right now. I have a gen 3 head swap that i'm doing. Just waiting for my Head guy to finish Prepping the Head. The Kaw32's should be getting tomorrow.

So you are saying the Gen2 stock intake springs are better than the Gen3 stock intake springs.

Gen 2 stock block .45mm gasket Gen3 head Kaw32 I'm not decking the head so i can have more Clerance for the Degreed cams. I can swap the Gen2 Intake Springs with the Gen3 Springs.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The G1&2 intake springs are stronger than G3 because the inlet valves on G1&2 are steel (heavier) I understand they are a little stronger than G3 KIT part springs which gives the confidence to use second hand (out of your G2 head) if you want to buy new any Kawasaki parts supplier and they are considerably cheaper than KIT parts or after market springs. The Kent Kawa 32's can be used with stock springs as the re machined lobe has less duration and a higher lift so the springs actually compress more generating more pressure and coming off lobe happens earlier on the lift where there is more pressure than a stock cam. But as above if your bumping up the rpm limit use a better stronger spring and those Green G1&2 springs have excelled at the highest levels of racing for much less cost than KIT parts or after market springs which are often over kill, reduce power and smash the valve and seat unnecessarily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The G1&2 intake springs are stronger than G3 because the inlet valves on G1&2 are steel (heavier) I understand they are a little stronger than G3 KIT part springs which gives the confidence to use second hand (out of your G2 head) if you want to buy new any Kawasaki parts supplier and they are considerably cheaper than KIT parts or after market springs. The Kent Kawa 32's can be used with stock springs as the re machined lobe has less duration and a higher lift so the springs actually compress more generating more pressure and coming off lobe happens earlier on the lift where there is more pressure than a stock cam. But as above if your bumping up the rpm limit use a better stronger spring and those Green G1&2 springs have excelled at the highest levels of racing for much less cost than KIT parts or after market springs which are often over kill, reduce power and smash the valve and seat unnecessarily.
Thanks that makes alot of since I actually looked at the part numbers and the intake g3 spring in the g2 exhaust spring. But it makes total since that the g2 are better because of the use of the g2 steel intakes. Thanks a bunch. You guys are awesome and I appreciate all the knowledge.

I'd love to build a Frankenstein engine like you did with the gen4 pistons and rods in the block but the valve reliefs are swap on the gen4 but I may find some rods later and get some pistons.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts