Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone have any experience with this brand of swingarms? i rarely see any members with swingarms other than stock extended. with my bikes recent "boost" in power, im looking to squid out a bit and throw performance machines contrast torque wheels on my bike with a +6 swingarm. if anyone could provide any pictures of zx10r's with this arm or simliar or any .02 id appreciate it. :thumbsup:

http://www.superbikespecialties.com/productdetail.htm?productId=6015375&catalogId=1159

Performance Machine's "Torque contrast" 240 wheel

*im not a huge fan of this over priced single-sided arm

·
Registered
798 Posts
i would love the single sided lol

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
whoa, I thought that $4500 swingarm was expensive, csc bikes just quoted me over $7000 for theirs! They can give the entire forum a happy ending for that price!

Then black hawk customs quoted me $2600 for the wheels which isn't bad for the 240 rear and front. I still need the tires though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in the process of having a 240 single-sided swingarm made for my 07 ZX-10R. It comes with front and back wheels and tires, swingarm, chains, brakes and brake line. Everything I need to just bolt it on and go. I met this guy when I was in Florida at a motorcycle dealership, he does custom work on bikes. Just getting started on his own so he gave me a killer price if I just spread his name. Here is the kit he is making for mine, it is on an 08' Busa. I am getting the same wheels. I am getting it in raw metal, not into the "bling". Having the swingarm powder coated black and the wheels the same color that are on my bike already. $5200 (not powder coated, getting it done in my home town).

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that single sided chrome looks nice and fits the busa but Id like a simple blockier modern look for my 10r. Don't know how to describe it but I seen a somewhat single sided swingarm with a "half arm" embrassing around the right side of the tire.
But I'd rather spend the cash on the torques and get a 0-6 over underbraced black swingarm. What are some decent 240 arms out there?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For sure, ive pretty much ruled the single sided out esp considering the price over standard extended 240 arms.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Whoa, 9 over just makes the back end look anorexic in my opinion. I mean, if i could score a singlesided 3,4,or 6" 240 kit (minus wheels)for under $3000 total, id consider it because the torques are looking to run me in the $2600 ball park and thats not counting the tires and balancing. Now, csc is offering me their black 240 6 over kit with torques for $4400 and that's everything! <<can you match that?
Besides the insane 9 over, ive always admired your bike, haven't seen you on here in a while turboten, hows it running?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just saw a pic of your 10 with the standard black underbraced arm, how stretched is that and how much does that cost?

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
bro, now your talking business. shit, why couldnt you come at me with this about a month from now haha. my finances just took a hit from an impulse buy thanks to vince's turbo and johnnylaw's generous impoundment this week. are you familiar with csc's single sided? if you can do a 240 with a 2,3,4 or 6 or better yet 0-6 adjustable like that in black for what your asking we may have a transaction?

hell, the more i look at yours, id like that in a 3 over.

you do some sick work by the way! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am in the process of having a 240 single-sided swingarm made for my 07 ZX-10R. It comes with front and back wheels and tires, swingarm, chains, brakes and brake line. Everything I need to just bolt it on and go. I met this guy when I was in Florida at a motorcycle dealership, he does custom work on bikes. Just getting started on his own so he gave me a killer price if I just spread his name. Here is the kit he is making for mine, it is on an 08' Busa. I am getting the same wheels. I am getting it in raw metal, not into the "bling". Having the swingarm powder coated black and the wheels the same color that are on my bike already. $5200 (not powder coated, getting it done in my home town).

Armor all on tires :badteeth:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:thumbsup: it'll be on my agenda of mods to come this fall- due to tickets of coarse. : ( but its good to know of your support. So youre good with the black single sided 240 4" over kit to include tires w torque contrast wheels for $4400 shipped?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
here is some pics of my 10 its got a single sided 9 over stock with turbo this thing works just as good as stock swingarm with over 200 at the rear tire its really sound.

We make our own swingarms and are starting our own wheels very soon. If your looking for something custom we can make it to what specs you want.
man your bike is hot bro :thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The more I think about it the more I lean toward a 240, 0-6 adjustable KIT but can't decide if I'd go with chrome or black. The tubular design just isn't for me. Eitherway, you'll be my go to guy when it comes down to it :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
ss240 swing arm

Its funny your looking in to that...im looking to install the same one this winter.. anyway, I believe that company your showing is a retailer. The company thats makes that ss 240 is www.roaringtoyz.com . If i did my home work right, thats what it is, if not let me know. He should be able to handle all of your questions..
On the website it doesnt appear for the zx10 but i called and they said the could make it...let me know....

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no, turboten is working out of his own shop and cuts better deals.

·
Registered
195 Posts
guys i cant really give too much more info on the arm or talk about what kind of deals since im not a "site sponsor" but its something im looking into.If you have questions about my setup on my bike hit me up on PM like i said Love my 10 customers and I will see what i can do to help out members

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rep sent man. its killing me that i cant hit this impulse buy up right this moment :(

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts