Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly am I gaining from setting these up correctly on the software?
To get the settings accurate as I could I hooked up a 9V to the PC and then turned the key on but did not start the engine. That lets you move the throttle and lets the software read the throttle position, allowing you to set 100% throttle without having to redline the bike in neutral. When I unplugged the battery I started the bike and noticed that at idle the 0% setting was off a little now, so I set the 0% setting with the bike running.

Back to my question, is setting these only allowing for the map to be synched with yout throttle % or does it serve another purpose in how the bike runs, in other words are you actually calibrating the bikes TPS or just syncing it with the pc map?

The reason I was experimenting with this whole mess was when I was out riding my 06 yesterday I had a couple of stalls on the downshift coming to a stop sign. This had not happened before and I have only had the PC in a couple of weeks and this was the first spritied riding I had done.

Well I searched the stall problem and its common for the 06-07 bikes, I adjusted the trhottle free play and left it on the tight side, but I did notice when I first powered up the PCIII software that at idle I could turn the throttle backwards a little and the throttle would go - % which would cause the idle to drop. Well after messing with the TPS settings in the PCIII software and a combination of tightining the throttle play up I got it where it would not loose idle % and rmp when turning the throttle backwards.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You are basically telling the PC software where the throttle butterflies are at a good idle then the map is calculated at its own segments from thereon in.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK so all it is doing is basically syncing the map to the trottle position on the bike and if it is off significantly you would be adding or taking fuel out in the wrong spot with respect to the throttle position side of the graph.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, thats what I was under the impression, I just wanted to make sure, it was not actually calibrating the TPS sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts