Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just totalled my bike tonight. Luckily I have full coverage. Some how a concrete cinder block ended up in my lane and it was dark so I didn't see it until I was on top of it. No time to react. It busted something causing a oil leak and I can't remember if I was thrown off or jumped off. But the bike ended up way into the woods.

I tried to get a good look at it as I stumbled around. But couldn't really tell how bad it was. Then the whole carnival arrived and towed my bike and took me to the hospital. Some how all I have is a few scratches and some sore muscles. All I was wearing was a jacket and jeans with tennis shoes. Guess I got really lucky. I was going about 60mph.

So now I have to decide what bike I want next. I really love the 10r's. But I also love the drag strip. And for a 10r to be competitive at the strip you can't ride it on the street, because it's too low. So shall it be the '08 10r, a zx14r, or a gsxr1300???

Give me some ideas either way.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
wait to see what the insurance company does first. also heal up to.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I say 14...over the Busa for sure.

I don't necessarily agree that a 10R can't be competitive on the strip and still be a good street bike. Guys are doing straps and lowering links and running 150's in the quarter...add some more inches to the wheelbase and put some N20 through her and she will crush. Airshifter is good, too. What kind of times do you want to run?

strapped
linked
lengthened wheel-base
airshifter
N20

^^^ That right there is a bike that will still be fine on the street without changing much to it...set her up for the strip when you run her...set her up for the street when you are done. Voila!

My .02
-S

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true. The 10 can be very fast even stock wheelbase.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i say 14...over the busa for sure.

I don't necessarily agree that a 10r can't be competitive on the strip and still be a good street bike. Guys are doing straps and lowering links and running 150's in the quarter...add some more inches to the wheelbase and put some n20 through her and she will crush. Airshifter is good, too. What kind of times do you want to run?

Strapped
linked
lengthened wheel-base
airshifter
n20

^^^ that right there is a bike that will still be fine on the street without changing much to it...set her up for the strip when you run her...set her up for the street when you are done. Voila!

My .02
-s

:+1:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
glad to hear your okay, like others have said, wait for the insurance co.

i totaled my bike about 2 weeks ago, and im still waiting on my insurance co. they said if its totaled ill get a check for the value of my bike... im still hoping

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
glad youre ok man...been there tho not recently...my insurance co did a number on me back then...wait and see what they give you before you make any purchasing plans

·
Registered
178 Posts
my buddy has an 08 10r w/ jus an inch drop around, 6in extended rear, stock wheels and diablo tires, full exhaust, power commander, and air shifter and he runs 9.2's all day and rips up busas on the street... o he has a sprocket too so he pulls the busa up til 150

·
Registered
794 Posts
my buddy has an 08 10r w/ jus an inch drop around, 6in extended rear, stock wheels and diablo tires, full exhaust, power commander, and air shifter and he runs 9.2's all day and rips up busas on the street... o he has a sprocket too so he pulls the busa up til 150

Me likes a Mod 10R .. Or a ZX14 would be acceptable as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
:mrgreen:
Hey guys I just totalled my bike tonight. Luckily I have full coverage. Some how a concrete cinder block ended up in my lane and it was dark so I didn't see it until I was on top of it. No time to react. It busted something causing a oil leak and I can't remember if I was thrown off or jumped off. But the bike ended up way into the woods.

I tried to get a good look at it as I stumbled around. But couldn't really tell how bad it was. Then the whole carnival arrived and towed my bike and took me to the hospital. Some how all I have is a few scratches and some sore muscles. All I was wearing was a jacket and jeans with tennis shoes. Guess I got really lucky. I was going about 60mph.

So now I have to decide what bike I want next. I really love the 10r's. But I also love the drag strip. And for a 10r to be competitive at the strip you can't ride it on the street, because it's too low. So shall it be the '08 10r, a zx14r, or a gsxr1300???

Give me some ideas either way.
I have never seen a gsxr1300 but i know the gsx1300r is a pretty sweet bike

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I left out I was wearing a helmet. That's busted up now. The doctors said my head most likely broke my faul. I have been having problems with the nerves in neck currently and that has just made things worse.

I just don't know about the way a busa and the 14 look. They just don't have that in your face lean mean look. They almost look like a tank. I think I'm leaning more towards the 08 10r.

Is there really that much difference between the 06-07 and 08 10r's? I mean I can get bikes cheap and the price difference would be about a grand or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:mrgreen:

I have never seen a gsxr1300 but i know the gsx1300r is a pretty sweet bike
What I meant was a hayabusa. But every one and their brother has one. But also there is a lot more performance parts for them. And the bike could still be streetable and run the same times as a strip only setup 10r.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I would wait it out a little bit and make sure everything gets situated before I hop on a new bike. Check insurance rates on the bikes you like too.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I say get a Ducati 1098. They are gonna go cheap when the 1198's start coming out. Plus, I like 'em. :mrgreen:
Did Duc ever figure out a fix for overheating electronics under the saddle so the bike will start up when hot?
I heard it was hit or miss with the 1098's,but really only affected the 1098 models.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i run fine at strip with stock wheelbase i just lower it down when i run to the strip

1 - 20 of 21 Posts