Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To ignorant to buy a real manual yet...... Anybody know the torque values for the triple clamp pinch bolts and clip on pinch bolts? Lowering the front 4-6mm and was hoping one of you guys would help me out THANKS MUCH!!! Oh yeah its an 07' zx10. response appreciated !!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Gutentite :)

I admit that I don't look up torque values for anything other than rod, case and cylinder head bolts.

I would guess 20lbs for a 10mm bolt is safe.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
To ignorant to buy a real manual yet...... Anybody know the torque values for the triple clamp pinch bolts and clip on pinch bolts? Lowering the front 4-6mm and was hoping one of you guys would help me out THANKS MUCH!!! Oh yeah its an 07' zx10. response appreciated !!
04,5 specs for upper pinch bolts 14.5ftlbs
specs for lower " " 22ftlbs

clip-on pinch bolts 18ftlbs

BD

·
Registered
377 Posts
+1 thighten the piss out of it, id tighten them as tight as you can with the allen; you definitely wouldnt want them to come loose!
I hope your joking. Things have torque specs for reason. Buy a torque wrench and do it right. Doing what you say, is how things get stripped and rounded off if done repeatedly. It does not take much torque for those clamps to hold on to the tubes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Clamping forces are certainly stronger than you would think. But if you don't have a torque wrench, you can alternate tightening until their both snug, and then give them another 1/4-to-1/2 turn.

You can certainly crush things as well, if you're not careful.

·
Registered
83 Posts
torqs

there is a manual for download @ this site .. and dont listen to the jackass that said to tighten the piss out of `em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts