Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was chillin at home today withthe wife and kid and I flipped to the weather channel. I knew it was dark outside and that the weather today had sucked since I woke up this morning. I saw the weather channel said there was a rotation in the county that I live in and I went out to the fronty porch to see if I could see anything. I looked up in the distance(not to far and I could see the clouds spinning. I yelled for my wife to come and see and we looked at the clouds for a minute and saw they were spinning slowly towards us. The clouds spinning passed over my house and I heard a faint roar in the distance. I looked back down and saw the trees and debris flying in the air and I watched in amazement for a second as it came toward our house and then all hell broke loose. I yelled for my wife to grab my son and get into the bathtub and I jumped in with them in the act of doing this I grabbed a carpet and threw it over my son. The roar turned deafening and I could hear stuff snapping and hitting my house. It lasted about 5 to 10 seconds and then it was dead quiet. I jumped up and ran to my back door and looked to see the tornado but all I saw was the debris falling from the sky. It was gone. I looked around my neihborhood in amazement and concern as I saw all kinds of stuff in my yard that wasn't mine and saw that two trailers in the distance had been twisted up and rolled over. I saw the family climbing out of one trailer and then I went outside to see if they were okay. They were fine but their little girl was shaken up. The destruction in my area is utterly devastating on one side and untouched on the other side. I lost alot of siding and the roof shingles on my shed (where the ten is located) where gone. My above ground pool has a slice of about 2 feet across and has slowly flooded my yard. My patio furniture and kids playset are no where to be found and there are pieces of plywood from the neighbors roof impaled 10 inches into the dirt in my yard. I have someones rake handle stuck throuch the bedroom wall and something else, I believe it was the branch in my room made a hole and came into the bedroom. It destroyed a store by my house. Completely gone! All in all we fared better than some neighbors but it was still pretty scary and amazing to see this all at the same time. Have a tarp on the shed and an insurance claim already filed so they should be contacting me tommorrow. Power came back on in the house and I thought I would share the story with the world. Don't have a camera that I can locate right now but when I get a chance, I will post some pics. Later

·
Registered
835 Posts
Glad to hear that you and your family are OK!!!....Mama nature can surely be a bitch at times....

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Damn. You in South Missouri? I saw the news and the aftermath. F4 tornado is no joke. 170+ mph winds.

Glad your family if ok. Here's hoping the insurance comes through.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I just took a tour of the neighborhood and some people lost everything. The red cross is out and of course all the news cameras and helicopters. The insurance said that they will be here tommorrow to figure out the damage amount. Just chillin at home again waiting on them. Thanks everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts