Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have my old one off and in need of a new one, anyone have one laying around or the best place to get one

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
will the top triple tree off the 06 zx10r fit the 08?
the forks on both are 50mm but I dont know about the overall fit of it

·
Registered
658 Posts
OK so I have my old one off and in need of a new one, anyone have one laying around or the best place to get one
why are you replacing you lock?

·
Registered
226 Posts
that looks like the top clamp for an 06/07. if it is, would you be interested in selling it? other than the ignition clamp, how beat up is it? shoot me a pm if you are interested in getting rid of it. thanks
cj

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are You doing?
I need to replace the triple tree on my 08 zx10r... the key mount is broken.
I found a 04/05 top triple tree on ebay for 70.00.
I want to know if it fits an 08, they both have 50mm size forks, so I hope it will. thepeople that have it dont do returns so I want to know before I buy it

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
There is a chance the rake is different so I would say that's a nogo, but wait for someone more informed to chime in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i am not really sure how the rake of the forks would effect the top clamp. maybe some one could fill me in on this. if the top and the bottom clamps are paralelle, and they are both perpendicular to the fork tubes, wouldnt they be independant of what the steerer tube rake angle reads? i ask cause i am going to try this clamp on my 06. thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
do you know if thats the only diff? i was plannin on running an aftermarket dampner, so as ong as it all lines up right, and clamps down tight... i guess we will see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts