Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i must admit, i've yet to test the top speed of my bike ('05 10r). i've only hit 181.

two reasons for this thread...1. what is the fastest you ever went on your bike? and 2. if you did reach the limit, how fast, at what rpm and was it bouncing off the rev limiter or stopped by a governor?

i think the gen 1 10rs aren't electronically limited (correct me if im wrong). what about gen 2 and 3? how about anyone with zx6, zx7 and zx14s?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I hit 189, but I don't have a speedohealer so maybe 173 or so. But at that point, I wasn't really worried about the rpms. I was too busy look at the road.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i hit a indicated 172 (no speedohealer factory gearing) on my 04 636 that was 1k below redline and it was really struggling at that point

s/o, pcIII, kleen removed, all short stacks

havn't ran out my 10 yet

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hit 189, but I don't have a speedohealer so maybe 173 or so. But at that point, I wasn't really worried about the rpms. I was too busy look at the road.
thats what my one friend said. he's hit his top speed many times, but said he doesnt have the nerve to look down at such speeds.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hit a indicated 172 (no speedohealer factory gearing) on my 04 636 that was 1k below redline and it was really struggling at that point

havn't ran out my 10 yet
interesting. i just may have to test the top speed myself to see if the gen 1 10rs either bounce off the rev limiter or begin to struggle with more rpms available like in your 636 situation. so when are you going to test out your 1000cc top speed?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I Got My 07 10r Up To 198mph

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have a speedohealer and -1 upfront and I got 176, I passed red line but I hadn't hit the rev limiter.

·
Registered
393 Posts
im calling :bs: on some of those. the 636 doesn't go past true 160mph stock, and i bet even w/ SOME mods it might do 165mph. ZX-10r shouldn't be going past true 186mph. if speedo's are hitting close to 200mph i say there's something fishy w/ your bike; something isn't calibrated very accurately. keeep in mind (i forgot who) one of the members had to do a lot of tuning to break 200mph all natural on a 10.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I hit the said limit of 189 mph. It just won't fuckin go past. Now mind you, i have 16 in front sp, and 42 in rear. I have definitely hit either the gov. or rev limit. At a little bit past redline, about 13,300 rpm I felt the bike bog. I have done this numerous times. I have a PC#3, igintion module, 2 bros. slip ons, BMC race filter, and have dyno'd at 156.2 HP, 75.6 lbs. of torque (as of 03/02/08, at 1400 hours, 78 degrees)

·
Registered
798 Posts
interesting. i just may have to test the top speed myself to see if the gen 1 10rs either bounce off the rev limiter or begin to struggle with more rpms available like in your 636 situation. so when are you going to test out your 1000cc top speed?
eh i was gonna do it but didn't have the nerve when at 160(indicated) my front end didn't feel like it was touching the ground lol one of these days i'll get around to it

im calling on some of those. the 636 doesn't go past true 160mph stock, and i bet even w/ SOME mods it might do 165mph. ZX-10r shouldn't be going past true 186mph. if speedo's are hitting close to 200mph i say there's something fishy w/ your bike; something isn't calibrated very accurately. keeep in mind (i forgot who) one of the members had to do a lot of tuning to break 200mph all natural on a 10.
wow i guess i stuttered when i said "indicated"

havn't ran out my 10 yet

·
Registered
798 Posts
unless he/she had a gps theres no way of registering that speed the speedo only goes to 189 (like stated earlier)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts