Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your guys top speed with -1, without a speedo heeler and another with the speedo heaer, just wondering how much top end I ost when I jsut put mine on

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
is that corrected?
yes that would be corrected, I can answer for him. If you didn't have a speedohealer even with a -1 you will still show 189mph on the speedo as there was another 10r behind me that showed that 189mph on the speedo with a -1 setup, but my corrected showed 180mph.

I did corrected 180mph with a -1, +1 combo although my healer was probably set about 1% to low so the 179 is just about right IMO. :wink:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, not bad consiedering the power it gave me, so when I put the intake cam in it with a.45 gasket Ill gain my top speed right back and keep a ot of the acceleration, that make me a happy boy

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well your top speed with 16/39 gearing your top speed will be 175mph. no matter how much power you give it, it will not go faster than that unless you bump your rev limiter up a few more hundred rpm.

once you do your mods you will be able to get to that 175 mph alot faster though.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
well your top speed with 16/39 gearing your top speed will be 175mph. no matter how much power you give it, it will not go faster than that unless you bump your rev limiter up a few more hundred rpm.

once you do your mods you will be able to get to that 175 mph alot faster though.
uh ooo, Bid Daddy is going to disagree with you on that and I think it's a little higher as well.

There were 5 04/05 ZX10Rs in the desert in Nevada. Big Daddy was geared -1 and set @12% + , Dragone not sure but also had a SpeedoHealer, I was -1, +1 but my setting was on the low side -11.1% compared to the others.....but all of us hit 180mph the others following hit the 189mph without a speedohealer even though they were geared down and were actually following us and behind...not even sure they hit the top rev. but sure the 3 on top where close to Redline in top gear. Even if Big Daddy was off by 1% he still hit 178mph +, 2% off 176mph +, but at 14% that would be unlikely for a 16T :headshake

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah very possible, always been a rule of thumb a front sprocket will effect the top speed by 9mph either way, Ive been using a gearing calculator that is pretty close to being accurate..... that 175mph would be 11mph off though so 175-177????

did you guys use a gps on those speed runs or you guys just going by speedos with corrections?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
yeah very possible, always been a rule of thumb a front sprocket will effect the top speed by 9mph either way, Ive been using a gearing calculator that is pretty close to being accurate..... that 175mph would be 11mph off though so 175-177????

did you guys use a gps on those speed runs or you guys just going by speedos with corrections?
No GPS just the "last Speed Recall" for me, it would have been nice to back it up with GPS but we had the next best thing.....5 10Rs with different setups and speedohealer #s both low and what is recommended for the 16t....and for what it's worth BD was in front of the 06 10R....I was just following they could not pull me and I could not hit the Rev. limiter at 4000ft :headshake

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
177 certainly seems to be a very legit speed using 16/39 so it kinda splits the diff for the most part but for a stocker aside from 16t & PC thats movin down the road a piece.

And damn fun i might add :mrgreen:

BD

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I forgot about that Vid Bud....guess it proves a -1 can run faster that 175mph :thumbsup:

To add RR did that run in a short run, the others all members on this site opened up our bikes in the Nevada, desert where you could open up the bike for miles with no cars around. I think we hit the max on our runs.:wink:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow thats moving, Im curious to know how much top end the cam shaft would produce along with the ignition module to change the rev limiter, how many more r's can u push? is there any other way to boost the amount of revs your motor can handle

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
To add RR did that run in a short run, the others all members on this site opened up our bikes in the Nevada, desert where you could open up the bike for miles with no cars around. I think we hit the max on our runs.:wink:
It don't take my bikes that long to get to top speed!!!! :crackup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
It don't take my bikes that long to get to top speed!!!! :crackup:

somehow I knew you were going to say that. :lol: Did you ever hit the Rev. limiter in top gear though? I couldn't at 4000ft Big D had a PCIII and he thinks he's faster. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
somehow I knew you were going to say that. :lol: Did you ever hit the Rev. limiter in top gear though? I couldn't at 4000ft Big D had a PCIII and he thinks he's faster. :rolleyes:
Come on man listen to the video. I banged the limiter hard on both bikes, especially the first one on gaugelane's bike. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts