Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know my bike tops out around 92 in 1st with my gearing. I was at the track last night and was coming on to the front straight in 3rd topping out and getting into 4th pretty hard and I think 130 was the top speed I saw. Even with my gearing I should bust 130 in 3rd shouldnt I? I will get the GPS out and check the speedohealer for accuracy. I am not worried about speed on the track as much as the accuracy of my speedometer, I just put the speedohealer on this spring and hope it isnt already screwed up. BTW if the guy that had the other 10 down at Nashvillle Motor Speedway last night is on the forum, post up and let me know how the repairs are going.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Except for the guy who was leaving with a cracked rib and a banged up bike when I rolled in Sat I was the only one there on a 10 that I saw. There were several zx6's though.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I know my bike tops out around 92 in 1st with my gearing. I was at the track last night and was coming on to the front straight in 3rd topping out and getting into 4th pretty hard and I think 130 was the top speed I saw. Even with my gearing I should bust 130 in 3rd shouldnt I? I will get the GPS out and check the speedohealer for accuracy. I am not worried about speed on the track as much as the accuracy of my speedometer, I just put the speedohealer on this spring and hope it isnt already screwed up. BTW if the guy that had the other 10 down at Nashvillle Motor Speedway last night is on the forum, post up and let me know how the repairs are going.
hey man.. I lost 7 mph going -1 in the front. I would expect you to loose another 7-8 with the larger rear sprocket. So top should still be around 165-170 mph.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My bike hit 181 with -1 +1 because it was bouncing off the revlimiter hard. Using gps to verify btw.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Thanks for the reply Patrick, hey are you still in Etown Ky?
Yeah man.. Still here in the same spot. Headed to Deals Gap in mid September if interested. Haven't been since I got home and want to go badly.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Patrick check out bgsportriders.com some of us are hitting the gap Labor Day weekend and there is talk about getting together and renting out a track for a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts