Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

top end help

857 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Black Death 04 
#1 ·
I have 2004 zx10 with akro slip on, power commander usbIII,k&n filter, Ivan tre, and a custom map. I have 22k miles on the bike and I just changed the spark plugs, cleaned and oiled the air filter and changed the engine oil to maxima 530rr. I took the bike out yesterday and it runs great until i hit 6th gear and the bike will not go past 165 mph indicated on the digital speedometer. The bike seems as if it just sits at 11k rpm's and will not rev out. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it may be doing this. Could the TRE be shorting out or is the motor just not able to pull. I change my oil every 3-5k miles and use only synthetic i run 93 octane and sometimes mix some vp117 when running on the track. Any help or thoughts would be helpful. Last summer the bike was running great and had no problems pulling up to the rev limiter in 6th gear. Is she just getting too old?:sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.