Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up the article with a lot of help from you guys on the 98-03 ZX-9. Now I am looking for the top 5 mods to the 98-03 ZX-9. So please post your top mods that you have done to your bike.

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
388 Posts
Trading it in for a ZX-10R..........:lol:

J/K I never even owned a 9 just thought the response was funny. :thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
No way, Akra Full system, and Ivans Jet kit and muzzy advancer. Bike made 141 RWHP.

Ivans and AKra FTW. Bike was arcaic in every way to my 10rs though, not even more comfortable to me either.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just rode my 9R for the first time since I got my 10R in April. I felt like I was on a cruiser bike. I sat so high up, felt like I was on my dads BMW K1000. I can't believe the difference I felt. It felt so big. My 9R is full race and only weighs 425 lbs wet. Looks like it is time to put a 60 tooth rear sprocket on it and stunt it now.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I believe for those bikes the full Muzzy system was the best for it?
:+1:

besides the Muzzy a Factory jet kit with a K&n then the right main Jet and your Golden a totally different bike. :thumbsup: I also bought my Full Muzzy from Doug Chandler's(the racer) from his cousin(also using the Factory Jet Kit) they swear by them as well for that bike.:wink:

No way, Akra Full system, and Ivans Jet kit and muzzy advancer. Bike made 141 RWHP.

Ivans and AKra FTW. Bike was arcaic in every way to my 10rs though, not even more comfortable to me either.
As far as HP 9R to 10R I raced another even 2 9Rs one that said he made 141hp on the same dyno(K&N Jet Kit and different Full System) the other a little more than my tiny 131......see the results to mine that only pulled 131(operator said my chain was tight and it was a hot day) :wink:

MODS- Full Muzzy, Factory Jet Kit, K&N Filter, Stock Gearing and 520 chain conversion. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts