21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
That mother... :lol:

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Toothless will be ready to fly to C3L1CA on June 5th. We'll be tearing up VEGAS on 6-1 to 6-4..
Until then we just been "chillaxing" ..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
So we started off going to work, getting a clean bill of health with a full body xray. Then visited 2 Wheel DynoWorks and Optimum Performance Motorsports. Toothless wanted to see @Mwasse and his sweet ride, unfortunately it was right after a little dirt excursion. Toothless tried his hand at tuning, did a decent job on the dyno. We headed up to my buddies for July 4th, his daughter was a big fan of Toothless. Then we went for some trips around to various parts of Seattle. And then made a trip down to Mt. St. Helens for some hiking.

Plenty of other adventures we went on that I forgot to take pictures of unfortunately. But more to come.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Lucky foooker Toothless.. When ever I'm in Seattle it's always wet or gloomy.. If no other member wants him for Thanksgiving..I'll take him back, got a trackday that weekend... and all the legal fees he caused me is all paid up..I told the court it was a miss understanding:crackup:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Lucky foooker Toothless.. When ever I'm in Seattle it's always wet or gloomy.. If no other member wants him for Thanksgiving..I'll take him back, got a trackday that weekend... and all the legal fees he caused me is all paid up..I told the court it was a miss understanding:crackup:
if no one else pops up in the next lets say, week? i can send him down whenever, just pm me your address.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I can take him to El Mirage next month.... meet some fellow lunatic land speed racers. I wish I would have remembered about him before going out to the salt flats, those would have been some great photos.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Send him to me, and I'll get him to Soun1 for Turkey Day. I wouldn't subject even a dragon to mi casa on the holidays.... that's just cruel & unusual.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Your little girl is adorable. Is that a bottle rocket she has in her hand?
I am not so lucky lol that is my buddies daughter and yes, we were lighting off bottle rockets

Send him to me, and I'll get him to Soun1 for Turkey Day. I wouldn't subject even a dragon to mi casa on the holidays.... that's just cruel & unusual.
sounds good, send me pm with your address and i'll get him sent out to ya

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Toothless Arrives

So, the wandering dragon made his way down to southern Arizona to see what's up.... unfortunately he picked up a wing injury in transit. Lucky for him, we have a certified Vet Tech on hand and got him fixed up with a quickness.

The minute he was out of the sling he was down to help with some last minute machine work to get the 10R out to El Mirage for some land speed racing. The little guy was so helpful, I just had to invite him along for the trip....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Toothless on a little trip

... so we loaded up a couple of land speed bikes and went out to El Mirage to set some records. Toothless was in the truck before we could even stop him. :)

We made the trip pretty quick, but did take a little stop in Palm Springs before we hit the lake bed. Dude was even quicker to the hot tubs.... racing DNA in that one, for sure.

Made the trip early and got out to the sand in time for a sunrise greeting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
So we did a little spectating between rounds, and the Uber Lizard fit right in. He took some notes on a couple streamliners, then went off to the staging lanes to watch some of the action. After he got a good feel for the course procedures and such, he got on the crew to help set some records. Good thing too, he's a natural... at the end he's posing on Jay's bike (without the fairing) in a newly-earned 200mph club hat... one helluva feat in a 1.3 mile dirt road if you ask me!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Race Day(s), Part two

Second day let me get some time in to run the 10R, but I sadly had to do mostly rookie/control passes both days. The 10R got one wide-open pass at the end of day two, but the track was pretty tore up by then. Still, the pump gas street warrior put up a 196mph run with a lot of room for improvement. It would have been a record run, but they don't allow rookies to set records out there. Toothless did a few PR poses on the way back as a consolation prize. :)

After both bikes had done their runs, TL decided to get some charity work in for the clubs. He tried his hand (wings?) at tech inspection with some success, but wanted back where the action was going down. He made his way up to the announcers' tower on the start line to add his commentary... but was asked to leave after repeatedly giving speeds like "not fast enough" and "do you even throttle, bro?". Turns out even dragons get cranky when they forget to snack and drink water out in the desert.

We got it all packed up after that and TL waved off to the sunset before crawling back into the chase vehicle for the 8 hour ride back to AZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
(PS if a mod could rotate those two photos, that would be great... I uploaded them right side up twice.... but they seem to auto-rotate when the save)

21 - 40 of 66 Posts