·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5 Posts
BNninja said:
Here are some tools I've been trying to get and found for cheap...I wont need them that much so I'm going cheap route

Pulley holder (for removing and tightening the timing rotor)
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=36554

Spanner wrenches (for sterring stem nut, shock, and castle nuts of the 10r)
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41243
harborfrieght no longer sells those spanner wrenches i guess?

Anyone know where i can get some?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them, they dont work for shite.
You would have to get kowatools which aren't that bad considering Craftsman & Snap-On prices

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
BNninja said:
I got them, they dont work for shite.
You would have to get kowatools which aren't that bad considering Craftsman & Snap-On prices
got lucky with some metric impact sockets with these guys ya roll the bones and hope ya get lucky

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should rephrase that, they work but they dont work on a bike like I had hope they would. The sizes are either too big or a little too small.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
busaforhire said:
Harbor freight is a joke..junk at best lol..
I agree anyone want some broke fuggin tools pm me and i'll send you all my harbor freight broken shit :crackup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Harbor Freight does sell cheap azz tools. I've gotten things like precision screwdrivers, micro files, compressor, air brush, dremel tool, things of that nature for my hobby with very good results. As far as serious tools, I stick with Craftsman, life time guarantee!!
I did get a Tap & Die set from HF last month, CRAP CRAP CRAP :headshake
Nevermore !

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
DarkTari said:
Harbor Freight does sell cheap azz tools. I've gotten things like precision screwdrivers, micro files, compressor, air brush, dremel tool, things of that nature for my hobby with very good results. As far as serious tools, I stick with Craftsman, life time guarantee!!
I did get a Tap & Die set from HF last month, CRAP CRAP CRAP :headshake
Nevermore !

I know it's like you buy the things you seldom use from there thinking they will come in handy, but all they do is piss you off because they don't even work at all. :dontknow:

·
Registered
41 Posts
busaforhire said:
I know it's like you buy the things you seldom use from there thinking they will come in handy, but all they do is piss you off because they don't even work at all. :dontknow:
Tru That ! The T&D set broke the 1st time I used it :headshake

·
Registered
41 Posts
12RPilot said:
I go to their store and check things out. Some of the simpler stuff is good enough. As an example, it's hard to screw up a hammer and dolly set for body work. Basically chunks of steel. It's tools that need good machining and good steel that can bite you in the ass.
Tru That :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts