Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new DMP integrated tail only to realize that it isn't supplied with the connectors. I know I could simply splice it in to work but I would like to reuse the OEM connectors by extracting terminals from OEM tail and reusing on the integrated tail. Anyone know where I could obtain this elusive tool and or the connectors ( 2P050-HB) themselves? Eastern beaver sells the connector but they're not stateside and shipping g is horrendous if the min $20 order isn't met.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,754 Posts
You use a small jewelers screwdriver to release the pin lock. No special pin extractors needed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,754 Posts
You push it along the wire into the connector while pushing the wire forward. The screw driver causes the latching part of the pin to clear the projection and you pull the wire out out the backside. Sounds more complicated than it is. The trick is figuring out where the latch is on a square connector.

I'll try to post a pic later.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You push it along the wire into the connector while pushing the wire forward. The screw driver causes the latching part of the pin to clear the projection and you pull the wire out out the backside. Sounds more complicated than it is. The trick is figuring out where the latch is on a square connector.

I'll try to post a pic later.

Thanks again for the reply. I will give it a try. In the mean time I found a vendor stateside that sells them; http://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=414&category_id=91

Hopefully they have them in stock and not drop shipping from the peoples republic of china.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Receptacle kit is in the mail from corsa. In the mean time I plugged the female end into the harness and taped them up to keep em together until connectors arrive.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: got OEM style connectors and pushed them onto terminals until I heard an audible click. So much cleaner than cutting and splicing. Bought extra connectors for future use. jus need to clean up extra turn signal wires because they're so damn long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts